(28) Start off Slowly and Small

Owen || Cassidy

What is a rumor that you heard from the two 'besties without a faulty".

Good morning to you too, Cassidy.

Fine, good morning Owen. Now, what is a rumor you want to talk about?

I really don't want to do this.

Well, we're going to. Because I want to. So what is one you want to start with? I was thinking we could cover maybe two of them today.

How about the one where they said you always ditched and ignore them for hours whenever they wanted to go somewhere.

Okay. That is actually completely true. But only on occasions when they wanted to go to the mall for the whole entire day, or have a sleepover with their even b****er friends, or go to the, quote, "biggest and bestest party of the year", aka, every party.

That makes two of us. I would probably do the same thing, I don't blame you for that. But why do they hate you so badly?

Because I told them that I would rather roll over and die instead of doing any of the crap they wanted to do.

Yikes, that would definitely do it.

Yeah. I probably should have said it in a nicer way, but I can't take it back. What's done is done. And I didn't really care that much to attempt to fix it.

I feel like if I ask you about that, you either would not tell me about it or just yell at me and call me stupid.

It's alright, I'll tell you. I knew about some of the rumors they were spreading already and just didn't really care to talk to them at the time.

Oh, I see.

Yeah. Okay, I think that covers that rumor. I have time for one more today.

Why? What do you have to do?

Remember I work now?

Oh yeah. I do, now that you mentioned that.

So, how's that going?

Good. I really like working and I really like my coworkers.

That's good. Glad to hear that you are enjoying everything.

Thanks. So do you want to talk about the other rumors today or not? Because it doesn't seem like it.

No, not really. I don't feel comfortable with you having to bear your soul out to me and I am just sitting here doing nothing.

I've got an idea.

What's that?

How about we take turns sharing information about ourselves so that if or when we meet, we know more about each other? And then you don't have to just sit there doing nothing when I am baring my soul out to you.

I sort of like that plan.

Sort of?

I don't want to share big and personal things over text.