(15) Prepare to Be Spoiled

Scene Three

With the list memorized, Owen was rushing around the store. This is the third store he had been to today. He had to work quickly, he only had about half an hour before he had to go to work. Even though he has been searching for about 2 hours he hasn't found what he has been looking for.

He already has twenty two tubes of mini m&ms and one bag of peanut butter m&ms, just to mess with her - to the total of her favorite number, twenty three. Yes, he knows he was copying her, but he thought it was too creative not to. (Plus he mixed it up a bit).

He also stopped at the music store and bought every single record he could find of her favorite band. Cassidy said she loves the idea of old school music. However, she spent all of her birthday money on a record player and hadn't had enough money to buy any records for it.

Owen just needed roses. So far he hasn't gotten any. That as his last stop. He was a bit worried about how he was going to store them while he was at work. He has done research on this, and from what he gathered, he can put the roses in a refrigerator. He just has to put them in a vase before. They should be good for the time being, he will have to 'feed' them, whatever that is.

Owen walked into the boutique a little on edge. He has never been to a place like this before. That's mostly because he hadn't had a reason to come to these places. For Mother's Day, he would just get his mother flowers from the grocery store. Even though he did that, he made sure to get the best possible ones, that's what his mother deserved. He just hadn't had enough money at the time to get them from the boutique.

But now he does, and he wants Cassidy to have the best. So that's why he is standing in a small shop with his nose being attacked by thousands and thousands of flowers.

The choices were a bit overwhelming, but thankfully Owen already knows what to get. Cassidy had said she doesn't care what kind of roses. So that did not help at all with narrowing down the choices. He decided to grab one of the classic rose and a brown, because if he remembers correctly from the last time he saw her, that was her eye color.

He wanted to get her all her favorite things as a meaningful gesture and return of what she did for him. And also because Valentine's Day was coming soon, as he told her. He wanted to get her something special. To him, Cassidy deserves it, and it's a good thing that she loves classic cliche gifts because that's all he knows.

Owen isn't great at this. He never had a girlfriend. He barely even had crushes that he wanted to do something with. Especially one who was as beautiful as Cassidy.

A quick check at his watch alerted him that he only had fifteen minutes before work and still had a bit of a drive. He started to panic, everyone who works at the Beach Shack knows how strict the boss is.

With that in mind, he hurried over to the checkout counter to pay for the classic red roses and the cool tie dye ones he found. Sure Cassidy loves classy and cliche things, but something tells him that she wouldn't mind something that bold and unique.

Owen put the roses down on the counter by the register. He cleared his throat in an attempt to get the lady's attention for the magazine she was currently invested in. "Excuse me?"

Judging by the way she jumped, she didn't expect anyone to be in the bouquet. "Sorry, there, Sugar. I wasn't expecting anyone. The shop doesn't usually get busy until later," she said waving her hands around.

"Oh," he nodded. He was about to comment on that more when the alarm he had previously set, started going off.

"Alright, I am assuming there is somewhere you need to go, with all that noise. What do you have for me today?" She said tossing her magazine to the side.

"Just the two bouquets of roses," he said pointing at them.

"Alright, that will be twenty five dollars, would you like a couple of vases to go with it?" she asked.

"How much more would that cost?" he asked pulling his wallet out of his pocket.

"Only about five to fifty dollars a piece, depending on what one you want," she said bending down behind the counter.

"I think she will like a simple clear one. Nothing overly special. Do you have anything like that?" he asked tapping his foot, anxiously.

"Yep, I have a perfect one for you!" she exclaimed. "That will be ten dollars more, please."

"Thank for the recommendation, I didn't think about the vases, anyway," he said handing her the cash.

"No problem, sugar, your girlfriend will love these," she pushed over the roses and the vases with a giant grin on her face. Showcasing the multiple wrinkle lines from laughing and grinning.

"Oh, um thank you. But she's not my girlfriend," Owen said shaking his head and trying to get the red to leave his face.

"If you say so, however, your face says otherwise," she continued to smirk.

"Thank you for this, ma'am, but I really have to go," he said after looking at his watch again.

"Alright, you come back now, you hear?" she shouted after him. "I don't many new customers.

"Sure thing," he shouted back, not knowing if it actually will happen or not. But he is hoping it will, maybe before a date with Cassidy. Or maybe with Cassidy in tow so he could show her off.

Owen would love to show her off. But Cassidy isn't an object and should not be treated as such.

Owen hopped in his car and sped off to his job, hoping to not be late. As soon as he parked, he carefully grabbed the roses to bring indoors for safe keeping. Luck must be on his side because even though he was a minute late, his boss wasn't there when he arrived.

One of the rules of the Beach Shack, was if you make it in before the boss, you are not late, you also get to leave ten minutes early.

Since his boss wasn't there yet, he didn't even start his work. Instead now that Owen had all of these things for Cassidy, he should start planning on how he can give them to her. He doesn't want to meet her quite yet, especially after his recent actions.

Though thinking isn't his strong suit, Owen tends to get distracted and sidetracked a lot. He decided to send a quick message to Cassidy to see if she was awake. Then he will make his plan.

Me: Good morning, Sweetheart. Are you awake?

Not even a second later, his phone pinged again.

Sweetheart: Yes. Well at least now I am.

He cringed, not liking he was the cause of her not getting enough sleep.

Me: Sorry about that, I woke you up, didn't I? I can let you go if you want to sleep more.

Sweetheart: No it's fine. So what have you been doing this morning?

Me: Just did some errands and picked up a few things. Work is about to starts soon.

Sweetheart: Ah, nice.

"Owen, get started! People are starting to file in! There's cars in the parking lot now!" his boss' shouted as he heading in the shack."

Me: Alright Sweetheart. I have to go. I just want to leave you with this - Prepare to be spoiled.