(21) Admit Things

Owen || Cassidy

How did the date go?

It wasn't a date. Since you know, he wasn't there.

That makes sense. But how was it?

It was pretty nice.

Just nice?

I enjoyed it, I had fun and thought it was pretty awesome. I laughed a bit. But I kind of wish he was there.

Ah. Did you like the stuff he left you?

Yes I did. How do you think he knows I love m&ms and roses?

I don't know Cassidy, what do you think?

I honestly don't know what to think Owen.

Why?

Am I going to just believe that some guy - I don't even know his name - has a crush on me or something and he leaves me gifts at some random place? The place that just so happens to be your work? You also know a lot about this guy and I just need to pretend that it's okay? Not suspicious at all?

Because that seems like a load of bull crap to me.

What are you getting at Cassidy?

It may just be my imagination, but I think the gifts were from you and you made up this guy.

Is that really what you think of happened?

Yes. Yes I do. 100 percent.

So, did you or did you not make the guy up? Did you or did you no give me the roses and chocolates? Because a few days before you asked me what my favorite things are.

Alright, alright. You got me. I did buy you the stuff because I wanted to get you a valentines gift. And yes, I know how you feel about it so that is why I just left the gifts. I didn't want to put you on the spot.

You really thought that was a good idea? It isn't much better, it is still an unwanted gift. Well, I guess not so unwanted.

What do you mean?

I did want the gifts. Obviously, or else I wouldn't have gone today.

That makes sense. Not to sound mean, but why did you change your mind?

Well, lets just say I like someone. And I was hoping it would be from them.

Oh. How did that work out?

I am sure I guessed correctly.

Really? Because I don't remember any you saying anything like that and I just looked through our texts and I can't find anything mentioning a crush or liking someone.

I know that. I haven't told you on purpose.

No need to be mean. I don't understand what you are talking about.

Just think about it and let me know what you come up with.

Still got nothing.

Oh my goodness, do I have to spell it out for you? I L-I-K-E Y-O-U!!