(20) Love Life

Scene Four

Cassidy stood outside the Beach Shack, biting her bottom lip and looking around. Even she lashed out on Owen last night about not wanting to go, she still felt like she had to. It just seemed too rude to let whatever is inside to sit and go to waste.

To go with her rant last night, Cassidy does not like the idea of getting gifts. Especially if she didn't want them. She cannot understand why somebody would go against her wishes and do that. Plus, she also cannot get over how she had to explain what he was doing. How could he not understand that she was serious?

Instead of letting her emotions get the best of her and overreacting to her thoughts, Cassidy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. There is no reason to get upset about this right now. Now she is supposed to go inside the Beach Shack and get spoiled.

She's got to admit, it is nice that someone has an interest in her. However, she just wishes she knew who it was. She has an idea, but doesn't want to limit her options. Cassidy wrinkled her eyebrows and squinted her eyes, that sounded really self centered and stupid, she thought. But again, this is all different from high school.

She had thought she left high school with the impression of not wanting to see them again. Because really, who would want to see anyone who ran out of the school swearing at every student? That is exactly what Cassidy did, and she did it because she wanted them to hated her.

Apparently, there are still people who do. According to Owen, there was at least one person who somebody actually misses her and would like to meet her again. And Owen himself, or else he wouldn't have talked to her all that while ago. Never in her life would she think it was possible.

Re-reading Owen's text - for some reason, even though all about today - she got inside walked over to the back corner where she was told to meet. Near the counter.

Not that she really needed to, it would be hard to miss the two giant bouquet of roses and the massive pile of m&ms. As she got closer to the pile, she couldn't help but laugh at the single pack of peanut butter m&ms.

Now there is only one person who could do this. With a slight smile on her face, she looked at the envelope that - surprisingly - had beautiful cursive handwriting. That must have taken a long time to do.

Cassidy look around the shack to check it out. She could not find anything out of the ordinary, nor was anyone watching her. Cassidy can never really read people well, but everybody is too busy with their own things. She is still on edge, it is hard to forget things, and people can hold grudges. Certainly, people remember what happened in high school. What about if this is all a big prank?

Instead of focusing on that too much on that and the sad things, she turned her attention to the things in front of her. There were the beautiful classic red roses that she loves so much, and also tie dye roses, the most beautiful kind imaginable. She never knew these existed, but now they were her favorite.

Everything looked so beautiful, from the roses to the mini m&ms. The thing that stood out the most was the peanut butter m&ms. That just had her smiling like crazy.

Finally, she decided she will open up the card. She felt like she was ready enough to read the letter. Even though she already has a good idea who this is from. Carefully she opened the card, making sure not to wreck anything.

Cassidy could barely handle her shock and excitement for two reasons. One being the card was handmade, it really added to the personal touch. The commitment to write everything by hand, and to have it look nicely, is a lot.

Inside the card wasn't a very lovey dovey quote, just one that made Cassidy laugh and she could not enjoy that anymore. The quote was All you need is chocolate. Love is good too, but chocolate is first. Believe me, it doesn't hurt anything. Happy Valentine's Day, Cassidy.

Sadly, there was not a signature. Though she was sure she knew who this was from.

Suddenly Cassidy's phone dinged and she directed her focus to her phone instead of her thoughts.

Cassidy looked around and saw no one was watching her, nobody heard her phone go off. She looked at her phone to see it was Owen who texted her - no surprise there.

Mr. Arrogant: Hey, just checking if you got everything already. Please text me back when you get this.

The smile on her face grew even larger, subconsciously.

Me: Yeah, I got everything. Still here actually. For some reason I feel comfortable and don't want to leave yet. Everything is amazing. I love it all, and somethings made me laugh.

Since Cassidy already had her phone in her hand, she figured a contact name change needed to happen.

Mr. Thoughtful: Well, I guess we should meet up there some time.

Cassidy let out a deep breath just realizing something. For some reason she felt the need to tell Owen.

Me: Yeah, I guess we should. You know what? He didn't leave his name or number, so I guess my assumption is correct.

Mr. Thoughtful: I guess so, Cassidy.

The only thing running through her mind was excitement.