(44) Share Every Detail

Scene Twelve

Owen returned back to the table not too long later. Before he returned he shouted out a warning to the customers at The Beach Shack that it will be closing in about five minutes because of an unforeseen circumstance.

That unforeseen circumstance would be Cassidy.

For the first time ever in customer service history, the customers understood and were out of the door as soon as the five minutes were over. Cassidy was impressed, although she doesn't have much experience in customer service, she has heard about the horror stories.

Cassidy sat at the table, drinking the chocolate milkshake that Owen gave her while she watched him clean up.

Owen had said that because he was closing early, he had to follow the closing procedures and cleaning process. Apparently, it is part of company rules to start the cleaning process as soon as possible after the close. Somehow they can be tracked and receive points and other bad punishments if it hasn't been done.

Conversation flowed easily and freely among the two of them while he cleaned. After five minutes passed, Cassidy started to get bored of just sitting around and had finished drinking her milkshake, so she decided to help Owen clean.

It was a rough start, Cassidy made more of a mess than cleaning up. She spilled her bucket of water and soap all over the table, drenching the floor as well. Cassidy panicked, scared that she messed up big time and Owen would be punished for it. She was afraid that he would lose his job over this, and then Cassidy would be to blame for it all.

However, Owen just laughed at her. A real loud, powerful laugh. The sound of that laugh was beautiful. There was nothing better than hearing it. Cassidy's worries and fears started to drift away, and she felt calm again.

When Owen stopped laughing he had tears in his eyes and a huge smile on his face. As soon he sobered up, he gently explained that it was completely okay and that he has done the same thing multiple times and that it is easy to fix up.

He said that he would be able to clean it up and that she didn't need to worry. He added that he would take care of it on his own. He also added that he would finish cleaning up on his own and that she can sit back down and relax.

Even though Cassidy was sure that he did it just so she wouldn't ruin anything more, she was okay with it. The very minimal ten-minute cleaning was more than enough for her. Cleaning wasn't her forte, she didn't like doing it, and was glad that she was done.

And, no. She didn't mess up on purpose. It was a complete accident.

It was a good thing. Cassidy sucks at working retail and all the processes that are included in it.

Sitting back down didn't stop the conversation from flowing. The conversation continued to carry no matter where they were. There were times when they were across the room from another.

That was an easy obstacle to overcome. They filled the distance by raising their voices, or to humor one another, they would lower their voices to a whisper and promptly laugh loudly at how hard it was to hear each other.

Soon, Owen finished cleaning and returned back to the table with a giant smile on his face. Cassidy couldn't resist the giant grin on her own face.

"As much fun as today has been, and it has been very fun. And I am thankful that we were just goofing around and being comfortable with one another, I know that is not why you came here today," Owen stated, a small smile still on his face.

"Right, time to be serious," Cassidy responded nodding her head, smile slipping completely from her face.

"Now it's my turn to say it, where do you want to start?" Owen said, his fingers moving towards Cassidy slightly.