(32) Understand One Another

Owen || Cassidy

Are you ready to hear the rest of the rumors and hopefully never talk about them again?

Morning to you too, Sweetheart. Sure, if that is what you want.

It is. So as we did before, give me a rumor you want to know about and we'll start from there.

Alright. I can't really think of one right now.

I don't believe that. There has to be one you want to know more about. I don't care what it is, I just want to be done with this rumor crap.

Why?

Because you won't let me talk to you on the phone and most definitely won't talk to me in person until then.

I'm sorry.

It's fine. Let's just hurry this up.

The one I want to know about can be taken as offensive, I want you to know that it is not my intention to do so.

You're worrying me. But still, go ahead and say it.

Did you really...um... "go all the way" with, you know who? Multiple times, including weird places like in a car?

By "you know who" I am assuming you mean the self-proclaimed manwhore from high school?

Um, yeah him.

No, I did not - as you said - "go all the way with him". I am still a virgin. A very proud one as that. So no, it obviously didn't do "it" in weird or public places because I have never done it.

Oh, wow.

You sound shocked. Why?

Well, I just thought that I was the only virgin of our age left in this town.

Oh wow. To be honest with you I thought you have done "it" because, well I don't really know why.

Don't worry, I felt the same way as you when you told me.

Huh, so why did you say it in that way? "Go all the way"?

It seemed the less graphic and appropriate way to say it. All the other ways sounded either inappropriate or immature.

I see. But why didn't you just say "it"?

Didn't think of that. This proves that I need you.

I need you too, Owen.

Okay, back to the rumors.

I don't want to talk about them anymore. Based on what we have already talked about, nothing seems true. That was the biggest one I wanted to talk about.

Some things are true. However, since we've talked about them, and I was able to think about them. I do not believe they are as true as I used to.

That's good. Although you are making me want to know the true ones. But I am starting to care less and less about them. The thing I care most about is you, no matter what people say about you.

The real deal is what I am looking for. Not something people made up.