Chapter 8: Dead Men Tell No Tales

As soon as his meet and greet ended, Levi headed back into the Cast Member only area, descending into the utilidor. Whatever Nora thought, it wasn't good. He should have told her a long time ago, who he was. Day one. He'd been so worried about what she'd think, thought she'd be out of his life as fast as a breath, and kept going deeper and deeper.

He should tell her now. Even if it killed him, he should tell her now.

So he went straight to his manager's office, surprisingly finding her there instead of doting on the rest of the cast, working on a mound of paperwork.

"I'm sick." He felt sick, at least.

His manager, Sally, looked up, clearly not buying it. "What?"

"I mean my brother's sick," Levi changed his lie. Because if he was found roaming around the park, he clearly wasn't sick enough to go home and he would totally get reprimanded, if not fired on the spot. "I just found out. My other brother is in the park right now and I need to go find him because he doesn't know."

Sally didn't look like she bought it at all. "Look, Levi. We don't have another actor to fill in for you for your last meet and greet today. I can't just call someone in."

He really didn't care.
"I'm sorry, Sally, but this is really important. Put it on my record if you have to."

And he walked out. Levi stripped off his costume with less care than he normally would, scrubbing his face and making sure every trace of Sparrow was removed from sight, changing into regular guest clothes and bolting towards the stairs leading up to Adventureland.

It didn't take him long to find Sam and Thomas, who hadn't gotten very far.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Sam asked as soon as Levi came into sight, clearly confused as to why Levi was at the hub dressed in his guest clothes and not back in Adventureland with his fake accent and wig.

Levi was really not in the mood. "I got off early."

"So was that really you, Levi?" Thomas asked.

"Yes it was, but don't tell anyone because it really is a secret and now you are a spy," Levi said.

"What's wrong?" Sam murmured.

"That girl you were talking to. Did you tell her my name?"

Sam's eyes crinkled. "No, but I did tell her you're my brother."

Ariel's big toe. "Why?"

"Sorry, I didn't think it was a big deal. She seemed like a big fan."

Levi pulled Sam aside, trying to keep from hissing. "She's my friend in real life, but she doesn't know I'm Jack Sparrow."

"Oh. Why?"

"I hadn't gotten around to telling her yet."

"How long have you two been friends?"

Levi looked away. "A while."

"Are you... uh, more than friends?"

"Do you think I could ever get someone like that?" Levi muttered.

"Not if you're lying to her."

His eyes darted back to his brother. "She's obsessed with Jack Sparrow. I already knew her before we were friends because she visits me all the time. I didn't mean to become friends with her, and now I don't know what to do."

Sam shifted. "You can't just go on lying to her."

"I know. I'm going to find her now and tell her. But I'm worried she won't want to be friends with me anymore."