Chapter 27: Gosh, it Disturbs me to see you, Gaston,Looking so Down in the Dumps

Chapter 27: Gosh, it Disturbs me to see you, Gaston, Looking so Down in the Dumps

They sat inside the Satu'li Canteen at Animal Kingdom. It was one of Oliver's favorite places to sit, with traditional Na'vi lanterns and trees being used as support beams. The Na'vi weren't much for modernization, even after all the decades had passed since the first movie, and it showed.

He hoped maybe their simpler ways would get Levi's mind off of the craziness that was his life.

Levi stared at his chocolate cake. "You can't keep buying me desserts as if it's going to make everything better."

Oliver slowly savored his own blueberry mousse, admiring the perfect shade of blue with its gorgeous white specks that looked like a starry sky. Or an eyeball, as Sarah had fondly compared it to. A gooey, delicious eyeball. "Well, I can try. I sadly don't have much else to offer you."

"You." Levi looked away. "You're actually pretty nice."

He smiled around his spoon.

Levi looked ready to lie his head on the table. "Has she contacted you yet?"

"Nope."

"Did you leave her more voicemails?"

"As much as I wanted to, no. I figured I'd said sorry as much as she could handle on the first one." Oliver tapped his spoon against the plate. "Do you think I should leave more?"

"No."

"Did you figure out if you love her?"

Levi looked up tiredly from his untouched cake "I'm still not sure. Which makes me think I don't." He paused. "Do you love her?"

Oliver smeared the raspberry sauce on the plate. "You were right about the going too fast thing. Then I stepped out of your way, so I haven't let myself get all attached heart wise. And I was also lying to her, so it felt wrong to like her. So...no?"

But he could. He so easily could. Still, he was pretty indifferent about it right now. He remembered his last meeting with Levi before he'd told her. Do you ever just want to kiss her?

And he'd wanted to say no, but couldn't. Because sometimes he'd be thinking of normal things, appropriate things, and all of a sudden that thought would spring into his mind and he'd have to stuff it down like one of those luminescent ghosts that pop up from the tombstones at the Haunted Mansion, just to appear yet again seconds later.

Oliver hated it. "I'd rather her be doing okay. I don't really care about all that."

"Same."

They lapsed into silence. Ever since Nora had found out, there had been a weird wall between him and Levi. Not a purposeful one, but what were they supposed to talk about? It kind of felt like they were in a really really long elevator ride, where you stood awkwardly around people you didn't know, wondering if you should strike up conversation that would end in a few seconds or wait until the silence was over.

He took a bite of Levi's cake.

"That has your germs on it," Levi muttered.

Oliver looked at the spoon, pretending to be shocked, as if he'd never heard of germs. When Levi didn't react, he said, "I bought it and you're not eating it."

"I didn't ask for it."

"More for me, then."

Levi started eating it tentatively, as if that would ward off Oliver from eating the rest.

Baby.

"Did you tell Kayden and Samuel that she knows?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah." Levi rubbed his eyes. "I'm meeting up with them tomorrow. I'm going to Kayden's house."

"That's not on Disney property."

"I don't live here."

"Really? Could've fooled me." He nudged Levi's arm. "Good for you. Seriously."

"You can come if you want."

His spoon paused. "You want me to?"

"I want you to decide for yourself. And I promise it would just be me, you, Kayden, and Samuel."

Oliver took another bite of mousse. "I think I will. You know. Try out this multiple friend thing."

Levi nodded.

"Isn't Kayden Maddie's brother?" Oliver said, recalling Levi's explanation of who was related to who, how they knew Nora, and what level of insane they were at. "Is she just lulling us to their house to kill us?"

"I don't think Kayden would let her." Levi pushed the half-finished cake towards Oliver. "Besides, I wouldn't really mind if she did. I deserve it, at least."

"Then I'm definitely coming. Just in case she tries."

"It's my own fault," Levi muttered to himself.

Oliver slid the chocolate cake onto his own plate, wrinkling his brow as it fell apart, flecks of it getting on his perfect blueberry mousse. "Well...at least you told her?"

"Rather her have not gotten hurt."

"Well, next time you fall in not-love with a guest, you can tell them right away."

"Yeah. That would solve all my problems."

Oliver took a bite, the chocolate less sweet in his mouth. If only it were that easy.