Chapter 21: Me? I'm Dishonest

Chapter 21: Me? I'm Dishonest, and a Dishonest Man you can Always Trust to be Dishonest. Honestly. It's the Honest ones you want to Watch out for, Because you can Never Predict When they're going to do Something Incredibly...Stupid.

"And there I was, at the brink of immortality yet again, just to have Will Turner snatch it from me. It's not that difficult to avoid getting stabbed in the heart, is it? I've avoided it. And his girl would have been very difficult to console." Levi stroked his mustache. "Much trickier to deal with a weeping woman than finding another way to live forever, savvy? So Will's the one who is stuck with all the dead people and now I'm the one who gets to live free. Really not such a bad decision."

"I know," the nine year old boy, Benjamin, said, "I've seen the movie."

Levi put his hands on his hips. "You seem rather unimpressed."

"I still say you should've gone for immortality."

"I wouldn't have done well with a tentacle face. Is that what you'd want? Maybe a nice starfish latched to your cheek?"

"I think it'd be pretty," his little sister, Rebecca, giggled.

Benjamin scoffed.

"Would you like one, then?" Levi inquired her.

"I think so."

"Maybe you and William can switch places. Maybe take turns. That way you can have what you want and he can spend time with what's her name."

"Elizabeth," Benjamin corrected.

Levi quirked his mouth to the side. "Was that it?"

"Yes," Rebecca said, hugging his leg. "They have true love!"

"I'm so glad it's not contagious," Levi sniffed.

"Do you have a true love?" Rebecca asked.

"Me? True love?"

Rebecca blinked her cute little Bambi eyes up at him, hopeful.

So he knelt down, hoping not to break her adorable little heart. "Of course I have a true love."

"Who?"

The parents shuffled from their spot as they took pictures and video, causing him to glance up at the noise. Their movement revealed the next guest in line, dressed in her normal Disney finest, staring right at him.

Nora.

He should have looked back at Rebecca right away. He should have gone with a silly answer without even trying to be serious. But Nora was like the sea, calling to him, even though he wasn't sure what it meant.

Rebecca followed his gaze, a triumphant smile on her face. She tackled him into a hug, almost knocking him over.

"I'll keep your secret," she whispered. Then, with a sort of intellect he never expected, but always found with children, she changed the subject. "You have to teach me to sword fight so I can kick my brother's butt."

Benjamin huffed.

She whispered to Jack again, "He really loves you, he just gets embarrassed."

"Ah," he whispered back, "I'll make a good show of winning his affections."

He gave them both a quick lesson in swordplay before taking a last picture, sending them off on their way.

And then it was Nora's turn, who had jumped in line at the last cut off, making her his last guest, which left them without an audience. Even the PhotoPass Cast Member decided to wander off, following Sarah, who normally did skirt her duties of making sure Levi was kept safe.