Chapter 20: One Word, Love: Curiosity

"Hey, Brook," Nora said lightly, coming into her room without knocking. "I started following that guy you like."

She didn't even look up from her homework. "Knock much?"

"He's just so cute with his sister," Nora continued. "Always doing such fun activities. Have you seen his latest posts?"

The homework was abandoned faster than the Titanic, Nora's phone grabbed as she started scrolling, her face freezing in horror.

"Yep." Nora took the phone back and continuing through the Animal Kingdom posts that Oliver had just uploaded. If only he'd uploaded them a few days ago. "You have to love his themed shirt. And his limited edition MagicBand that matches the park he's in. And the fact that his sister is wearing over a hundred dollars in park merchandise."

Brook snarled. "There's no way he's a freak like you."

"It would appear he is." Nora tried to keep from grinning. "I guess if you had babies with him they'd be born with mouse ears."

Brook threw a pillow at her. "You're so gross."

Nora left, trying not to cackle as she pulled up their texting conversation. Daisy perked her ears up at the sound, rushing through the hall to her, staying by her side.

"You're the best, Oliver. I really needed that," she texted him.

"I have no idea what I did," he texted back immediately.

"I know." She sent a gif of Bruce the shark smiling.

"You're one scary girl, Nora."

She sent one of the Evil Queen. "That's Your Majesty to you, Gaston."

He sent a muscle pose of his character and she couldn't help but giggle.

"Have you hung out with Levi lately?" he asked.

"No, he's had work and you stole my normal Disney time with him. Plus I've been hanging out with my ladies."

"Yeah, he said you were in a Bible study. That's cool. I'd like to hear more about that."

She raised an eyebrow. They'd talked about her? Kind of creepy. "How did your meet up go with him, anyway?"

He sent a selfie of himself, Levi, and Sarah in Pandora. It looked like they'd had a great time. Levi had said so, too, and was even smiling in the picture, her arms wrapped around Levi's neck like she'd known him forever.

Gosh darn, it was cute.

"And you're not just doing this to get on my good side?" Nora asked.

"Nope. I didn't realize I'd ruined his life so much. We actually get along very well."

"Good."

"I might be in love with him."

Nora stared at the message.

When she said nothing, he said, "I'm kidding, Nora. I only love women and myself."

She sent a gif of Genie's mouth dropping open. "You love women???"

"Very funny."

Nora bit the inside of her lip, texting before she could change her mind. "Can we hang out sometime?"

"Really?"