Chapter 29: If I Didn't Know Better, I'd Think you had Feelings for this Monster

Oliver met her at the lobby of the Beach Club. He didn't come to the resorts very often. He loved the way it was like a little New England town right on the coast, despite not being on the coast at all—unless you counted Crescent Lake, the lake the resort was nestled against that connected to Epcot's World Showcase Lagoon, an easy boat ride away. The Yacht Club Resort right across the way was a bit more upscale, so he preferred the more casual atmosphere here, the way it felt when you visited the beach for the weekend, without a care in the world.

He stood up when she walked in. Despite how she didn't need her MagicBand to be here, there was one hanging on her wrist. He tried not to unconsciously touch the one on his own wrist. He couldn't help but wear it, just in case they ended up going to a park afterward, even if she said she wasn't in the mood for that.

Hence checking out a resort. They were cool places to hang out, even if you didn't have room access. Not to mention they had Disney food. It was like visiting a new world, a mini vacation away from the parks. They even had a life-size gingerbread carousel at this time of the year, another reason why this was his favorite resort. Plus Nora hadn't been before and she needed to see its awesomeness.

Nora peered around the lobby, clearly taking in the giant nautical themed chandeliers, her posture a bit stiff. "So, is this a date?"

He closed his eyes for longer than necessary. "You know it's me begging you to forgive me after everything."

Her lips jutted out thoughtfully. "You're not on your knees."

"I didn't know you were into that sort of thing."

"I mean, I could get Maddie to murder you."

"I don't think she needs anyone to tell her to."

Nora smiled. "I'm not really mad at you, Oliver. Just tired."

That didn't make much sense to him. "Want to sit down?"

Oliver led her over to the sun room, which fortunately didn't have any other guests in it, except in the hallway, having some coffee. They sat at the chairs not facing one another. Oliver got right to the point. "I swear I will never, ever lie to you again. Even though I don't know if that's possible."

"Hey, you've been lying to me about how Le Cellier is better than Nine Dragons."

"Steak is best."

"Liesssss." Nora kicked his shin gently. "But really, we're fine. I'd rather you not look so twitchy."

He felt like one of those poor souls Ursula kept as a garden. "Well, I'd rather know that Levi and I are off the hook. You know, not because we deserve it or anything."

"You two are really close now, huh?"

"Yeah."

Nora smiled. "Good."

"Have you talked to him?"

"Not yet."

"Are you going to forgive him?"

Nora leaned her head back into the pillows. "More concerned about him than yourself?"

"Yeah. I am." Oliver hunched forward, staring at his hands. "I'm fine on my own. Levi needs people."

"You need people too."

"Not in the same way."

"Oliver, you need friends too." She sat up, a hand touching his. "You deserve friends too."

"Even after this?"

"You were put in a tight spot. You didn't want to betray his trust, especially after what you did to him when you were kids, unintentionally. And I know you didn't want to lie to me either. You're kind of like a puppy when it comes to wanting to be loyal to everyone."

He frowned. "Can I be something more manly?"

Her lip quirked. "I don't think you need help in that department."

Oliver stared at her.

She drew her hand away, sitting back. "Well. That was embarrassing."

He cleared his throat. "I mean, you're just saying things I always say."

She rubbed her face. "Yeah. But when I say it and we're not joking around, it's way more awkward."

"Can we...?" He gestured to the couch on the opposite side. At least this way he could turn to face her.

"Sure."

Oliver sat next to her. She immediately scooted closer, eying him cautiously.

"What?" he asked.

"I..." She grabbed a strand of her hair, lip squirming. "I was wanting...maybe..."