Chapter 27

I walked away from Aaron and towards Amber. "Hey hun." I said hugging her. "Hey." She said hugging me tight. "You doing ok?" I asked looking at her. She shook her head and I held her tight. "I'm sorry I didn't save him." I said rubbing her back. "Don't you dare put any of this on you. That slut killed my brother." She said looking at me. "I know, but I didn't kill her." I said. "I know. But you didn't know that she would kill him." She said. We stared at each other until Blake came over. "Hey girls." Blake said and we looked at him. "I found them." He said and the front doors flew open. Blake grabbed us and moved us out of sight. "I'm hurt. I didn't get invited to my own lovers funeral. You are bad family." Her voice sang out. "You better leave." I said moving around Blake. "Scars." Blake said trying to grab me but I moved away. "Are you going to make me?" She said looking in my direction. "No. I want to. But there are people in here that I don't want to witness murder. But also, there are people that would love to torture you. Besides myself." I said. "Am I suppose to be scared of you weaklings?" She said smiling. "No. But, I would be afraid of Blake's family. Oh and the others that have taken out your little coven outside." I said and she turned around. I turned to Blake and he started to say something under his breath and his eyes glowed bright blue. As she went to run she fell as if she was tired up. "What are you doing?!" She yelled trying to move. "You fucked with the wrong people." I said an kicked her in the head.

"Scars, did you have to do this now?" Coral, Amber's mom, asked. "I'm sorry Coral, I knew she'd show up. I wish I didn't have to. But she'll be taken out now. I can leave too if you want." I said looking down. "No dear, you can stay. Just a sad time is happening right now and I wasn't expecting this." Coral said walking over to me. "I know, and I apologize greatly." I said looking at her. "Just keep her alive so I can give her a piece of my mind." She said and I nodded. "Of course. Blake?" I looked at him. "I got her. I'll be back." Blake gives Amber a quick kiss on the cheek before picking up Katherine. I walked over to Jake. "You know, I still don't understand something." I said looking at Drew's casket. "What's that?" Jake said looking at me. "She said she needed him alive. That she couldn't kill him yet. But she did." I said and looked at him. "I don't know. Maybe her plan moved fast?" He questioned. "No. I'm going to go though. I need to find out more on her." I said and walked over to Amber. "Hey, I'm gonna head out. Let me know if you need anything. I'm always here for you." I said hugging her. "Ok, be safe." She said and I nodded. I walked outside and looked around. Something was off. I started walking towards the woods. Bad idea. Something doesn't feel right. I looked around and saw nothing but decided it would be better not to take the woods.

The walk to Blake's house wasn't too long and when I got there Blake was leaving. "Hey, everything okay?" He asked. "Yeah, just need to talk to Katherine." I said. "There are a bunch of people in there, do you want me to stay?" Blake asked looking at me. "No. Go be with Amber. She needs you. Plus, I need to do this alone." I said and he nodded walking away. I stopped. "Blake." I said turning around. "Yeah?" He looked back stopping in his tracks. "Stay out of the woods. Tell everyone else. I want you to do a search later." I said and he nodded. "Will do. Be safe." He said and jogged down the street. "You too." I said and walked into his house. "Hello Scars, what can we help you with?" Blake's mom asked me. "I need to speak with her." I said and she nodded. She walked me downstairs and into a a secret room. "She is in the second door on the left." She said. I nodded. "Thank you." I said and went to walk away. "Yell if you need some magic help." She said and her eyes flashed purple. "I will, thank you." I said and walked into the room.

"Wake up." I said and kicked her chair. She groggily looked up at me. "Fuck you." She spat. "Now now. That's no way for you to speak. I said and slapped her. Her head whipped to the left. "Bitch!" She said. I slapped her again. "Shut the fuck up." I said and she glared at me. "Good. Now lets begin." I said walking outside the room and grabbing a knife and a few other objects. Walking back in she looked at me. "Now, for every lie you tell, you will be hurt. Do you understand?" I said and she laughed. I took the knife and gave her a small cut in her hand and she screamed. "Shhhh, it'll stop hurting." I said and put some white powder on it. "You stupid bitch! That wont help!" She said and started shaking her hand. "Oh, I know. There's some amazing perks to having a witch for a best friend. He teaches you things. His family can teach you things." I said and smiled as she looked around. "Now, you will tell me what you meant by you couldn't kill Drew, but then you did." I said and she smirked at me. "He's not dead." She said as the door to the basement slammed open. I looked at her. "He's alive?" I said. She nodded. "And he is very angry with you guys." She said as I heard him yell. "Looks like you aren't going to be able to question me anymore." She said and I quickly shut the door. "Actually, I can. He won't be able to find us." I said as the secret door was smashed open. I grabbed Katherine's arm and closed my eyes just as he burst through the door.