Chapter 23

So guys, it's been a while I know, I apologize, been going through some stuff and my laptop hasnt been liking me. I've also been working on a screen write for my video class, it has taken up a lot of time too, it's coming out amazing. I might post it here and if I do, it'll be in a script version so it'll look werid. It would just take a lot to go in and edit so that it was a book so I'm just going to leave it the way it is if I post it. But here's the next chapter.

_____________________________        

~two weeks later~

        "Scars!" I turned to see Amber running down the hall towards me. "Slow down there woman." I say as she stops in front of me. "Did you hear?" She asks when she catches her breath. "Someone started saying you put yourself in the hospital just for attention." She says as we walk toward my car. "Oh well. Let people think that." I said as a pain shoots through my chest. "Fuck!" I say and hold my chest. Amber grabs my arm. "You ok?" She asks looking worried. "Yeah, just Aaron again." I said and open my car door, sitting inside I pull out a joint and light it. "I thought you quit." Amber says standing next to my car. "I did. Then shit happened so I started again." I said as I took a hit. "Well, you should stop. You'll get caught." She said. "Let them catch me. I don't care." I said as a car pulled up and beeped. "You on't be saying that for long. I'll catch you later. Love ya." She said and walked towards the car. I waved at Blake and he waved back. I threw the last of my joint out and turned my car on, and drove out of the parking lot. Stopping at an ice cream and candy store, I grabbed a Mellow Yellow and some pixie sticks and paid. I walked out to my car and drove away. 

        I pulled into my driveway and saw that Jake's car was there. Shutting off the car I walked into the house and heard music playing from downstairs. I walked up to my room and chugged the Mellow Yellow and sat on my bed. I grabbed my ipod and speaker and turned it on and started playing Something in the Water by Carrie Underwood. Putting my speaker on my desk I walked into my closet and grabbed a black mini skirt and a purple corset. I grabbed my ipod and speaker and walked into my bathroom; turning on the shower and jumping in the warm water. After 15 minutes I got out and got dressed. I let my hair air dry as I grabbed a pair of black and purple wedges and called Amber and Emily. "Hey wanna go out tonight?" I asked them as I put on eyeliner. "Hell yeah. Where?" Amber asked. "I don't know yet but I really want to go to a club." I said and looked around my room. "How about the one on Center Street?" Amber asked. "Yeah, are you in Em?" I asked. "If we can bring the guys." She said. "Yeah I guess, but not Aaron." I said. Tonight I was going to get revenge on him. I was going to party and be free; I was going to make him feel pain. "Ok, I'll be there in a few and I'll borrow something from you." Amber said. "Ok. We can all meet up around 6?" I said as I looked at the clock and it was 5. "Yeah. See you soon. I'll call Blake." Amber said and we hung up. I dialed Mike just as My Sacrifice by Creed came on. I smiled as memories of this song playing flooded my head. "Scars?" Mike said. I had completely forgotten I called him while I thought of the first time I heard this song. Mike had shown me it one of the first times we hung out. "Hey, sorry, Creed came on." I said and he laughed. "Some great music you listen to." He said and I could hear the smile in his voice. "Thanks to a great guy. So, you and the guys wanna go to a club?" I asked. "Hell yeah!" He said and I could just imagine him jumping up and fist bumping. "Ok, get the guys together and be at my place by 6." I said and hung up. 

        As I waited for Amber I danced around my room and eat pixie sticks. I was in the middle of singing and dancing when my door swung open to reveal Amber and Emily. "Hey." They said walking in and Amber walked straight to my closet. Emily walked over to me. "Is Jake ok?" She asked me. "Yeah, why?" I asked as she sat down. "I don't know. I just feel like he's being weird." She said and wrapped her arms around her. "I'll go talk to him, you change, use my bathroom if you want. Amber! You use the bathroom down the hall! Whatever you borrow I want back!" I said as I walked downstairs to visit my brother. I walked into the basement where Jake as sitting with someone. "Jacob." I said and he turned to me. "Where are you going?" He ased standing up and his friend turned around. I should have known it would be Aaron. "Out. Are you ok? Emily is worried." I said. "I'm fine." Jake said. "Where are you going?" He said. "Since when do you care? You are the one who rejected me." I said glaring at him. "Enough Scarlette." Jake said. "Whatever. Don't wait up and do not follow me." I said and walked upstairs. "Em, Jake is staying here. Aaron is here with him." I said as I walked in to see everyone in there. "Let's go." I said and grabbed my phone and purse. We all walked out and the girls got in my car and the guys got in Mike's car. Tonight it was just Em, Amber, Mike, Blake, TJ, and me. We pulled up to Club 18 and got out. "Where are your mates anyways?" I asked. "Mine is on a trip to her aunts, and TJ's is out with her friend at a concert." Mike said. I nodded as we walked into the cub. It wasn't really doing much since it was only about 6:45 but it was still something to do. "Where are Drew and Jace lately?" I asked Mike. "Don't know. I think Jace is mostly with his mate now though. As for Drew, I don't know." He said and I nodded walking over to the bar and sat down. "What can I get for the pretty lady?" The bartender said, he looked all of 21. "A water for now pretty boy." I said smiling at him. He winked and grabbed me a water. "So, where's your boyfriend? You are way to good looking to be single." He said looking around. "Believe it or not, I'm single." I said and took a sip of water. "Well, can I just say, anyone who doesn't want to be with you, is blind." He said. "Thank you." I said and stared at him. "Excuse me!" Someone yelled for the guy's attention. "Well, I gotta go over there and wor. What's your name?" He asked. "Scarlette Park. You?" I said. "Tyler Snow. I'll see you later." He said and walked away.
        I stood up and grabbed Amber from Blake. "Sorry Blake, I need my girl." I said and we went out on the dance floor as Buy You a Drank came on. We started dancing and laughing; Emily joined us soon. We danced for what felt like ever when finally we decided to take a break and grab a drink. We walked over to Mike, TJ, and Blake. Amber sat on Blake's lap and they started talking. I took a sip of water when someone came up to me. "Hello beautiful. Do you want to dance?" He asked. He was good looking. The bad boy look suited him but he seemed shy. He also had sort of a southern accent. "I'd love to dance. What's your name?" I asked him as we headed to the dance floor. "I'm Lucas. And who may you be?" He asked as he spun me. "I am Scarlette." I said smiling as we danced. "Well Scarlette, which one of those boys you were with is your boyfriend?" Lucas asked as he looked over at the guys. "None. Just close friends. Where's your girlfriend?" I asked him. "Aint got one. Move around to much. I just moved here from Tennesse." He said. "Well, I like cowboys." I said smiling. He smiled back. This isn't right Scarlette. Even if Aaron hurt us. Raven said. I'm just having some fun. Don't worry. "You are a very beautiful wolf." Lucas said and it caused me to stop. I know there are wolves all around but I didn't know he was one. "Excuse me?" I said. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. One of my best friend's was a wolf." He said and looked down. "I'm sorry. What happened?" I asked. "Her and her family got caught in a fire. I was one of the only humans that knew." He said and looked at me. "I'm sorry. She must have meant a lot to you." I said as we started dancing again. "She did. We were mates." He said and that's when it clicked. "Did she mark you? Is that how you knew?" I asked. He nodded. "I'm sorry for your lose." I said and he smiled at me. "Thank you. It takes a ot to be without her but I try and live life because I know she'd want me too." We smile at each other. "I'm glad." I said. "Scars." Blake says from behind me. I turn to him. "What's up?" I said. We need to get out of here, fast." He said. "What's going to happen?" I ased. "A fire." He said and then the fire alarm went off. "Emily just pulled it. Let's go." He said. "Lucas come on." I said and we ran out.