Waiting

Okay.

Ash Ketchum.

A name known by many.

Even Serena herself knew how big his name was ever since she was a child.

And it's also a name known for many years.

Serena, of course, heard of the story. 

Ash's family was one of the acknowledged families in the nation since they assisted the government in a mission that was once top secret years back. When the secret was blown that there were human androids living among them, the civilians were in a rage, not knowing who to trust anymore. Before the world went on fire, no other but Ash's father calmed them down and convinced them to think otherwise. He's a genius and was once an amazing scientist, but decided to travel the world to find and uncover any mysteries later on. His popularity definitely grew due to his charism and kind personality. Thanks to him, telling the public that the androids won't be wandering anymore with an oath and pointed out that these actions were in the wrong, everyone seemed to calm themselves and continue their lives. Well, let's hope all of them do.

If you would mention the name Ketchum, many would perked at the name. When news came that his son is joining elementary school, everyone believed that Ash will bring the same justice that his father brought to them. A good luck charm. That alone, caused the student enrollment of the school to rapidly increase.

Ash's first day of school was...pretty hectic. When he walked in with his father's hand in his, everyone's eyes in the room laid on them, all were filled with excitement and curiosity. Some of them even ran to them to ask for to be his best friend or take pictures. Ash knew how popular his father can be and he's fine by that, however, it can give him a headache.

Since at a young age, he found a hobby in soccer and music. He joined the school's soccer team once he's enrolled and became the school's little superstar. The title is still held by him even when he reached to high school.

Unfortunately, Ash hated the popular life he tends to experience, especially at school. Many would cling onto him, probably for luck or in hopes to inherit whatever he has in his possession. Money? Fame? It could possibly be anything. But he sometimes prefers some alone time with his dog at home, play music, and would take the time to walk in the woods nearby their place.

But there were a lot of things that the public didn't know. 

As he grew older, he barely got to see his father. Having more family and school duties to take care of and his father was on his travels, they couldn't have any time together. Ash was disappointed, but he understood how important the travels are to his father.

But there were times that Ash just wished to know what's so important about them that's causing his father to not have time for his son.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was already gone and Serena already walked out of the school's building blindly. She had no sense of direction and didn't pay full attention to her surroundings. She just walked and walked and walked.

Those words that Ash told her...she couldn't stopped thinking about it.

Serena and Ash parted ways moments ago, before he thank Serena for coming with him to the old music room. He left with a wave before walking the opposite direction of Serena's place. 

But his words still shot back at her. 

She gritted her teeth and clenched her hands at the memories that started to pour into her head. Tears slowly filled her eyes and blurred her vision. She cared less about wiping them and just let her feet take her. What she doesn't know was that she began to walk onto a crosswalk and the stoplight turned green. She stormed onto the crosswalk with heavy thoughts.