Dark Colors

There's no real color in my world. The only colors I see are black and white. No, this is not the 1900s. It's the modern world of the 2000s. Anybody can see colors in my time. They can see the color of the birds, the grass, the blue sky. But I'm not like them. I'm more different...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Honk honk!*

I lifted my dull blue eyes towards the direction of the noise. 2 cars. The car behind was complaining why the other car wouldn't go. I looked at the traffic light tiredly. It was green. I turned back and realized the the car in front of the other, its driver has fallen asleep. 'Bet he's a heavy sleeper alright,' I thought to myself. I ignored their situation and continued to walk to my destination: Elenor High School. School life wasn't that difficult for me, however, other kids who've known me for years thinks I'm different than others. Like a child that can't function properly. I'm pretty much a loner and it's a fact, but I don't even care. I think it's the least thing to worry about in life.

I stood silently in front of the school's gates to take in its surroundings. The school has an average size of other schools but what's different are the cherry blossoms planted around the school. It's the start of winter now, so the cherry blossoms trees are bald at this point. There's only piles of dead leaves. A lot of kids would hang out here and have a mini picnic or play some outdoor games before school starts. I scanned through the area and saw the only person who I call friend. Dawn.

"Hey Sere!" Dawn called.

"Hey," I glumly said.

"Don't talk in that kind of tone!" Dawn scolded me. "Be more cheerful! It's sunny today for once and it's always a good sign that something amazing will happen!"

"I'll try..." I sighed as we both started walking into the school's halls. Dawn Berlitz... She's a very close friend of mine since we were little kids. She's known as one of the popular and pretty girls of the school, although one thing I'm glad of is that she doesn't let it go over her head. I used to have a lot of friends when I was younger but I see Dawn as a true friend since she was always there ever since my incident. 

"So what class do have first, Sere?" Dawn asked as she grabbed her books from her decorated locker.

"Um... I have Science  first," I replied.

"LUCKY! I have to  deal with some freakin math class," Dawn desperately sighed as she slammed her locker door. "Mrs. Chang's math formulas always gives me a huge headache and make me fall asleep."

"Well, at least you don't have to deal with genetics," I silently laughed. Then the clock's short hand reached to 8 and the school bell rang, as usual.

"Oh no! I have to run! I can't be late again! See you at lunch!" Dawn waved and dashed through the halls.

"See ya," I slowly waved back. I walked in the classroom and sat in my seat. 'Another day to get through with,' I thought. 

"Good morning students!" The famous pro. Oak came in, as usual, tries to make science fun. 

"Good morning," the class greeted.

"Hey gramps! Can I go outside to grab my reading book?!" A voice yelled out so suddenly. I rolled my eyes and looked at the so-called-amazing Gary Oak. He's been trying to make excuses almost every single day just to get out of class and talk to random girls he might possibly pass by. AND IT IS CLEAR THAT HE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT READ!

"Nice try Gary, but we don't need our reading books for this class," Pro. Oak patted his head as Gary grumbled. "Okay class, get out your science book and turn to pg. 67." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 3 exhausting classes, lunch finally came. Students are supposed to eat lunch in their home rooms and then be able to do whatever they want during recess and I'm glad that Dawn is in mine. 

"UGHHH!!! I CANT BELIEVE GARY PULLED ANOTHER PRANK ON ME!" Dawn stabbed her meatballs with her fork and shoved it into her mouth. 

"What did he do this time?" I asked, quietly chewing onto my sandwich. 

"HE LITERALLY FILLED MY LOCKER WITH SOME DISGUSTING SLIME!" Dawn cried out. "IT TOOK ME ALMOST AN HOUR TO CLEAN IT ALL UP!"

"Do you know why he's pranking you?" I curiously asked.

Dawn stopped stabbing the rest of her meatballs and looked up at me,"Um... No, no I don't."

"Well why don't you guys have a talk, but I doubt it's gonna be serious. You know how he is," I suggested. 

She shrugged,"I guess so... Wait actually I should, so he won't do it next time and I gotta do it NOW!" Dawn stood up and grabbed her lunch. "I'll be right back! See you later and thanks for the suggestion!" Then Dawn ran out, looking for the stubborn  boy that was in our lives for awhile. 

I sighed and got up with my lunch and leave the room.

I walked the opposite way where Dawn had run. My eyes were down when I walked, only seeing the grey floor and my black shoes. When I reached to where my mind wanted me to be, I stopped and stood in front of the door that was labeled "Music Room." The door was shut closed, not been opened for a few years. I gazed onto the door and it's silver knob. Then I found my hand reaching out to the knob as my fingertips were gently grazing the shiny material. Before my entire hand was completely wrapped around the knob, the school bell rang, signaling that lunch is over. I dropped my arm and started walking through the abandoned hallway. "Next time," I always tell myself. "Next time."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N annnndd that's it! Thank u guys for reading my first story! I'll post the next one really soon!