Forgotten

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flashback

Serena POV

"So Sweetie. I can assure you that you will have a great time here for a few weeks." My mom patted me on the head and put my straw hat in place.

"But I don't want to go!" I wailed, clinging onto her shirt. "What if I won't make any friends or something bad happens to me?"

Grace shook her head and hugged me. "Don't worry. Nothing bad is gonna happen to you. Just stay with Professor Oak and the group, so you'll won't get lost."

I sniffled, still not wanting to let go.

"Here, how about this. If you don't enjoy the camp after one week, I'll come and pick you up." She spoke into my ear. "Will that help?"

I sighed, putting my hands by my side. "Fine. But why a summer camp? Why can't I go somewhere that at least relates to music instead of the woods?"

"Well it's nice to experience something new and I don't think it'll be that bad." Grace smiled, pinching my cheek. Then we saw a man wearing a lab coat, calling out to us. "Hey, it's Professor Oak! Looks like I have to go now."

I hugged my mom tightly, wanting to show her how much I'll miss her. She hugged back and waved bye.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it wasn't that bad as I thought. Although, the first day was rough. Making friends was really tough for me. A lot of children there already have friends to play with and I'm one of those kids who would read alone on the benches.

"Hey look! It's Gary Oak!" A kid shouted that lead everyone to look at his direction, including myself. A brunette walked with full confidence, looking like he's better than everyone else. Then a small crowd surrounded him, both with chatter and laughter. I realized that I became an outcast. Not minding it, I went back to reading my fairy tales.

I felt a quick tap on my shoulder, "Um...hello?"

"Hm?" I heard a squeaky voice and looked over my shoulder to see a bluenette.

"Sorry to disturb you, but I'm new here, so do you know where I can find my cabin?"

"Oh sure! The girls' cabins are over here."

She giggled and then gently pulled my arm. "Okay, let's go! I'm Dawn by the way."
Dawn...

That's how I met her...

Like I said, it wasn't that bad. But life can be filled with surprises...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?" I called out, standing in the middle of the woods alone.

"Hey! Where is everybody?" I took another step. Suddenly, I heard something which freaked me out and fell on the ground.

"Ow..." I rubbed my knees. I saw the bushes and moved. Frightened, I didn't move until a bunny hopped out and away.

"Ah! Just a bunny..." I shook my head and stood up slowly.

"Hello?" I continued to call out. I started to walk in different directions, not knowing which way is right or wrong. It's only been a few days since the camp has started and, yet, I'm still not familiar with the woods. It felt forever. The sunlight soon became a hazy orange, meaning the day is almost over.

I grabbed my hair in frustration. "Great! I knew this camp was a terrible idea! Now I'm lost and I'll be stuck here for the rest of my life!"

I felt my legs collapsing on the ground, losing its strength, and heard my stomach growled. 'Agh. I'm hungry. I missed my mom's delicious spaghetti...'

I drooled at the thought, but I realized that that dream is far from where I am. I found a place to rest at a tree to lay myself against on, waited for someone nearby to find her.

It past almost an hour and my eight-year old self started to whimper in fear. The sky is almost in complete darkness and it's getting hard to see, especially if you're in a middle of nowhere in the woods.

I felt my hands getting clammy as I stared into the darkness of the woods. 'Come on. Anyone should be looking for me by now...'

Nothing came at the moment, but the sounds of the wind. I began to feel hopeless and decided to face the fact that no one is looking for me, maybe they haven't notice that I'm gone!

Tears gathered into my eyes and started falling.

Until, my ears heard something very pleasant.

A sweet melody in the dark forest devoured my hearing as if it's hypnotic...

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶

Seconds by seconds, it gets louder and louder until...

I suddenly blanked out and only see darkness...

—————————————————-
A/n
Decided to publish this, despite that I finished writing this chapter months ago...welp.

Stay safe everyone!
~ari_sheepie