Cause and Effect

"I used to believe in forever, but now I think forever is too short..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four years ago... 

Is the year when my life changed...

Drip.

Drip

Drip.

My 10-year-old self knelt down to watch the water, dripping into the dirty soil from the green living organism. 

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

I giggled at each sound of the drop. 

Drip. 

Drip.

Drip.

Each drop created a musical sound of nature and I found it fascinating ever since I was young. The sound of nature. With the wind swaying my hair and the insects making their strange noises, it creates an unique orchestra for anybody who passes by in silence. It brings out the mood of the environment and each environment are different. Like when it's raining, sometimes it brings out the feelings of depression or when it's sunny, it has a happy feeling. But it's based on other people's perspective. 

I had a huge smile on my face even though the clouds are blocking the sun's warmth and light. I always noticed the people who are passing by me with their eyes on me, and I always stare at them back with bright cerulean eyes. Most of their responses were a huff and gruff and then they just walk away, feeling hopless with their lives. I didn't understand the real world nor seen it. 

"Serena!" I heard my mother called from the house. "It's lunch time!"

"I'm coming!" I called back as I stood on my feet.

Before I go, I took one last look to the plant and noticed one thing... It stopped making noises. I shrugged and ran back to my place, not that it matters. 

"Serena," my mom started as I began to eat my spaghetti," your father is coming home tonight. Aren't you excited?"

I took a bite of my red meatball, furiously shaking my head, up and down. It has been almost a week since my dad went on an important business trip to Unova. I finished my meal and ran to a very special room of mine: the music room. I had an interest in music since I was five, but that's another story for later...

I opened the white doors of the room wide open. The windows brought sunlight into the room from outside. There stood a black piano, a violin, and a silver flute. Yes, I play all of these instruments ever since I was five and people called me a musical prodigy in my home place. Yet, I was still a child and didn't care about what people say about me. 

My little person then started walking past the piano, past the violin and towards the flute. The flute was my favorite out of all of them. Some reasons why is that it has an amazing sound and it is easier to carry around. 

I carefully positioned the flute and took a deep breath. Then a sweet noise was in the air. I played the small instrument like no tomorrow and enjoyed it's sounds as it reaches through my ears. I continued this until I stopped when I heard a car door close outside. I took a peek outside the window and saw my father and a man, who looks a few years younger than him. 

My innocent self opened the door with excitement, not expecting that it will be the complete opposite. My pure blue sapphire eyes met to the eyes of my father, who has a silly grin on his face, and unknown person, who frowned like there's no tomorrow. 

"Daddy!" I tackled him very tightly.

" Hello Sere!" He hugged back tightly. 

My mom came up behind me, "Welcome back, Honey."

"Great seeing you again Grace," my dad grinned at her. The other man stayed behind my dad's back, shadows enveloping his entire figure. "Oh this guy here, is my friend Calem."

"I heard a lot about you... It's nice meeting you," The black-haired male took a step forward and nodded at my mom, as she nodded back. 

"So what brings you here Calem?" My mom questioned with half a smile. 

He opened his mouth but nothing came out because my father interrupt the convo,"oh he's here to complete a project with me."

"Oh ok," she said with a sigh," just please don't try to explode the entire house... again."

Dad laughed and put an arm around Calem,"Don't worry. Since when did that happened?" Both males walked in the house and sat in the living to start discussing about this "project" of theirs. I decided to play with my toys in the living room as well, not caring about their discussion. 

"Hey sweetie," my dad's voice act up. I answered him by looking directly at him, and from the corner of my eye I could see Calem writing stuff down in his notebook. "Why don't you play any one of your instruments. I really want to hear your music again. It's been a while."

My eyes sparkled and I quickly ran to my music room, which is the nearest room from the living room. I always love playing music for people. I thought it will make them smile, and those smiles will wash all of the dark feeling away. Well, that's what I thought. 

I decided to play the flute because it has a sweet tune for a lovely day. So, I grabbed my flute my its black case in the corner and lifted it toward to my mouth. Before I play, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and put my lips upon the silver.

The sweet melody started to fill the entire house like flying colors. I know everyone can hear my music, but when I play that can also feel my emotions. Of what I am feeling right now. If I'm happy, angry, depressed. All kinds. Each musical note contains an uplifting sound. To me, music is always magical.

I stayed in my music room and continued playing. In the middle of the piece, I heard some disturbing footprints. I stopped what I was doing and began to turn around. But before I could fully turn to the opened doors, pain spread across my head and everything turned black.

 I couldn't hear anything but screams. 

Suddenly, I began to have a strange, blurry vision. 

I opened my eyes. Everything was red. The walls, the floor... The entire room was red. I looked at the flute in my hand without moving on the floor. It's red like everything else I see with a hint of silver. But there's something different... 

                         I'm certain that the red color on the flute was actually

                                                               Blood.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I blinked.

Here I am standing in front of the music room door. The door was slightly opened, letting light come in the hallway. A soft breeze played with my honey colored locks. The air is different. In the first time since the incident, I've never felt breathing in a bright atmosphere. 

Music was in the air. The sounds of it feels like a reunion or a lost memory. 

It kept on going and I knew music can't be created alone in a music room. So there's only one way to find out.

I put my right hand on the knob, gathering enough courage to break the door down. I closed my eyes as I began to open the door, wide open. 

Once I did, my blue cerulean eyes met with a pair of auburns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n here's the next chapter! Sorry this came up really late. It turn out I was busy and there was just so much going on. I'm goin to try my best to try to update this asap. I'm also thinking of writing possible future books, but that's not the case right now although I'm just givin a heads up. Don't  forget to vote if you're satisfied.