A String of Hope

"Maybe... Just maybe, the light can reach even at dark times during the cold night."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*beep beep beep*

I shut my alarm clock off just before it could make its fourth noise. 

"Good morning sweetie," a sweet voice  came in the air. I looked over and saw my mom with a big smile.

 I groaned and flopped back onto my bed.

"GRRRR.... SERENA!!! IT'S TIME FOR SCHOOL NOW! GET UP AND GET READY!!!" my mother growled and grabbed my blanket off the bed.

I sighed in defeat and walked to my bathroom as my mom fixed my bed.

"Oh Serena," I heard my mom mumbled," when can you start living again?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So I simply told Gary to stay away from me before I could even cross the line," Dawn slurped loudly on her smoothie. "I mean he still didn't give me a strong answer why he's pranking me."

"That's weird..." I said as I unpacked my lunch.

Dawn nodded. "All he said was, 'It's my business to do stuff like that' and 'IT'S MY LIFE!" 

"It might just be his own nature," I said, looking at  Dawn who shrugged and continued to drink her smoothie. "Or..."

"Or what?" Dawn raised her eyebrow.

"Don't you think he might possibly have a crush on you?" I said in a low voice.

Dawn widened her eyes and began to cough from the smoothie she has been drinking. 

"WHAT THE HECK SERENA?!" Dawn yelled. "How did you end up with a conclusion like that?"

"Eh... I read a lot of love stories," I smirked, narrowing my eyes to an annoyed Dawn.

"Humph!" Dawn crossed her arms. "You may read a lot of romance but me and Gary is not happening! No way! Not in this world!" 

"Whatever you say Princess," I said, rolling my eyes.

"You can make fun me whenever you want Sere," Dawn laughed," but I'll do the same once you'll start your love life." 

"Hey Dawn!" A girl peeked from the doorway. "You have a student council meeting you have to attend to."

"Oh sorry," Dawn apologized," I almost forgot. I'll be there in a sec." Did I mention that Dawn is the vice-president of student council? If not, then yeah, she's vice-president. "Sorry Serena," Dawn got up," but duty calls. See you after school?" 

I nodded and gave her fake smile. My signature smile...

"Okay then. Bye!" Then Dawn disappeared. I frowned as I continue to eat my lunch. 'Love life?' I thought to myself. 'Like that's gonna happen.' Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I saw a pair of eyes looking in my direction. However, I ignored it and decided to finish my lunch.

As soon as I'm finished, I grabbed my lunch and quickly walked out the classroom. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walked, I started to hear fast footsteps.

It started to get louder...

Louder... 

And even more louder...

Out of nowhere, my wrist  was grabbed from behind which caused me to turn around to see the person who caused it.

"Miette..." I growled. She has pretty light blue, short hair and wears the school uniform that consists the colors of midnight blue and creamy white. Like Dawn, she's popular, but her personality was a complete opposite from hers. 

"Well hello there Serena!" Miette sarcastically spoke to me. I looked around there were still students around, but where I wanted to go is still distant from where I am. 

I sighed,"What do you want Miette?" 

"Oh nothing. I just want to say hi... and demand you to give me $20 or else."

"Or else what?" I crossed my arms.

"Or else..." Miette brought her finger to her lips and evilly grinned. "I will tell everyone, the whole school, your dark secret.

I widened my eyes and then lowered them as I gave a 20 dollar bill to Miette. 

"What are you even gonna use it for?" I curiously asked.

"Extra shopping!" I rolled my eyes. "Just to remind you Serena, you'll do whatever I say or your life is ruined."

'My life is already ruined," I thought as I watched Miette skipping away. I only see her during home room or lunch but she wasn't really a bother to me. The only thing I'm scared of that involves Miette is her revealing the secret that I have kept for years and only she and Dawn knows it. She used to be a friend of mine, but unlike Dawn, she's a deserter... A traitor of our friendship...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started to make my way back to the school's abandoned hallway, but there's a strange feeling inside of me. It felt something different... Something that I haven't felt in years...

'Okay all I have to do is to turn right,' I told myself. Once I turned right, I gasped and stumbled back a bit. The hallway has completely changed. The windows were opened in the first time in forever. The lockers were somehow been dusted off and its red color is shining by the sun. The white floor has been wiped to become clean enough to show my own reflection. But what shocked me the most is that the door that allows anybody to enter the music room is fully open. 

Nervously, I tiptoed toward the open door and slowly peeked inside. What I saw completely surprises me. I expected everything in the music room to be dusty and dirty but it wasn't...

Like the hallway, the windows were opened, letting the sunlight to fill up every inch of the room, and the floor has been clean as well. All instruments are in place and the large grand black piano looks like its brand new. 

I just stood at the doorway, shocked of what I am seeing. Colors are filling the room, but it hasn't reached me... Not yet though... Now there's only one question left that needs to be answered.

"Who did this?" I said aloud.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n here's the 2nd part of Shattered Happiness. I know my writing sucks but just to let you know most questions that you possibly have will be answered as the story continues, including the "secret" that Serena has. And guess who cleaned up the music room?😉