A Piano

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Wait, what?'

'Where did that come from?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV (Present)
[a/n ~ italics = Serena's thoughts]

Serena took a deep breath. She doesn't remember how they got here, but apparently they ended up standing in front of the old music room. It was already late afternoon and the sun was beginning to fall, creating a hazy glare through the blue-glassed windows. Her mind quickly flashed back to the times where she just stood in front of the same looking door during many previous years.

The difference was, that, the music room was looking newer than before since someone took notice of its poor condition and took care of it.

"I remember this room." A voice called out.

Right, Serena forgot that she wasn't alone.

She turned her head slightly, seeing Ash taking a step toward the door with his hands on his hips. "I used to go here years back. It seems that it didn't change at all!"

Serena pursed my lips. You're wrong. This room changed a lot.

"Well, of course it did change physically. Seeing how worn out it is now..." She took a glance at him, not expecting him to answer her own thoughts. But what he said next was unexpected. "So that's why I fixed it!"

She fixed her focus back to the closed room. Oh. So he's the one who cleaned up the room.

"I was wondering why no one is not taking care of it," Ash said with his arms crossed as he continued talking, "I asked and many said that not a lot of students go here anymore. I had a lot of memories here. So I decided that I should do something about it."

Then he paused and suddenly smacked himself, briefly groaning in pain from the hit. "Wait! You have no idea who I am do you?"

Serena thought otherwise. "You're Ash."

"Yes I am!" The boy sheepishly laughed. "You've probably heard my name from Miette. Sorry I can be forgetful sometimes. Anyway, have you been here before?"

Ignoring his question, she got distracted. Serena's gaze moved to the doorknob of the music room. She felt her palms beginning to sweat as a voice inside her screams to open it.

"Do you want to go in?" Ash chirped with his head forward. "I mean, it does looks like you want to go and open the room or something."

She tilted her head in confusion when he said those words. Processing his words, they suddenly scared her.

"I do?" A strange question indeed. People, especially teenagers around her age, have those obvious expressions written across their faces. But not many would be able to read Serena's easily like that.

"Well yeah...isn't that obvious? You are human right?" He cheekily grinned.

Serena was shocked momentarily by his change of personality, but then glared at him, reminding herself that his best friend is no other but the famous Gary Oak. Hmm.

Ash turned the doorknob slowly as the door opened with a small creak. "Ah! No one's here."

The two walked in the room where the sun rays are partially covering the floor like a small blanket. Serena looked around as she saw everything organized and tidy up. She gave an approving nod to herself: At least the boy can decently clean.