Gingersnap

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yesterday is History...

Tomorrow is a mystery...

Today is a gift,

which is why it's called the

Present..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun began to rise as the moon descended along with the dark sky. Sunlights slowly poured into Serena's bedsheets as it crawled onto the back of her head. She's still fast asleep.

Serena's POV

As soon as I woke up, I realized that it's already late morning. I touched the bandage that's wrapped around my head and slowly take it off, hoping there won't be any pain. The wound didn't seem to be a huge problem, according to the doctor for my morning check up, so I was free to go home for the day.

The soft sunlight came upon my face as I walked out the doors. And I decided to go home to take to get myself cleaned up.

I heard chattering and laughter from a distance. I turned around and didn't see anyone there. I started looking in different directions, until a voice in my head told me "it's just your head."

I continued walking, almost reaching to my place, until, with no doubt, I heard people talking. I slowly followed the voices. Loud noises weren't very common in my neighborhood, because everyone here loves a peace and quiet place, many would stay in their homes or rather travel to somewhere else. It got louder when I reached the end of the block that I'm currently on, and my suspicions were correct, when the voices revealed themselves. Cameras, microphones, and notepads. It turned out to be the press. Weird. What are they doing here? In a neighborhood like this?

I wanted to get closer to go and take a look of what's happening, but I didn't want to get lost in that chaotic crowd. I shook my head and read the street sign: 79 St. W.

My place is only a street away from here, so who's living in this ordinary neighborhood that could be so famous for the media?

I shook my head again and started walking the opposite direction fron the crowd. Weird...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one's POV

"Serena!" The dark-blue haired tackled her friend with a huge hug. "I missed you so much!"

"Dawn!" Serena struggled within her grasp. "I've only been out for a day."

"But that's still too long!" She tightened her grip and finally let go, letting her victim breathe.

"So you're feeling better?" Serena lifted her eyes to see the source of the voice.

"Gary?! What are you doing here?! AHHHGG! Stop stalking us!" Dawn's angry expression filled her head with red tickmarks, something that made Gary amused to watch.

Gary smirked. "Well Serena here was a friend of mine back then, probably still now, so it wouldn't be unusual for me, is it?"

Dawn gave a death glare to him, causing him to shiver in fear. "Well that's fine, but whatever you do to Sere, I will find you myself."

"H-hai," Gary nervously raised a hand in promise.

Serena's friend sighed and turned back, "So you're all better now, right?"