Chapter 14

The fake cop car is getting closer. I can hear the engines of both cars spitting right now. The headlights of the car behind us are shining through our vehicle.

"Go faster, Sam!" Dream shouts as he rolls down the window on his side.

"I can't dude, the trunk is too heavy!" Sam shouts back.

True. The trunk was loaded with many random bags. I try to see what's going on but Dream's holding me down with one hand pressing on my upper chest.

I can only hear the things they say and the surroundings. I jump a little as I hear a loud voice through some sort of speaker behind us.

"Pull over! Now!"

The peeping noise that follows through the speaker after reverberates in my ears. I squeeze my eyes shut and move my shoulders around to cover my ears until it's over.

"Can't we shoot their tires?" I hear Bad ask in the passenger seat.

"Don't know, don't want to waste bullets." Dream responds, "Maybe we can shake them off.".

I hear Sam sigh in front of me. The car goes even faster now and we get pushed in our seats even more. I can see the outside flash by so quickly.

The other car has no trouble keeping up. I lift my head a bit and see the fake cop car drive on the other lane. They keep wrong driving until they're completely next to the trunk.

"If you hit the breaks now, maybe they'll keep driving forward leaving us alone." Bad suggests innocently.

"No. They'll probably block the road ahead of us then." Sam responds serious.

"Oh yeah."

Dream growls aggressively. He holds the gun halfway out the window and aims it downwards, probably at the front tire.

My heart jumps as he pulls the trigger. The sound of the shot echoes through the air. I hear the other car slipping on the asphalt for a second. He definitely scared the driver 'cause the car made a weird movement after it.

He however doesn't give up. The other car is still keeping up. They drive a bit faster, to be more sync with us. I now see two other guys in the backseat.

One of them opens the window. The car drives closer to ours. They're almost touching. One man climbs out the window and pulls himself onto the trunk of our vehicle.

"Fuck." I hear Dream say under his breath.

I lift my entire body to see what's going on. At first I only see the head of the man who is now in the trunk of the pickup, but then everything. He's a white man with a black beard. He barely has any hair on his head.

He takes a knife out of his pockets and cuts the net open. He then turns to his friends and gives them a thumbs up. I turn my head to see the other car speed up.

The car is now driving right front of us. At first they keep driving directly in front of us, trying to slow us down, but then disappear ahead of us until we can't see them anymore.

I hear the sirens fade in the distance. I furrow my eyebrows. What kind of move was that? Why would they leave this man alone here?

I turn my head backwards to see what's going on in the back. The man had already cut many bags open. They were filled with potatoes.

I'm confused at first, but then figure out the weapons and important stuff must be below the potatoes, being hid by them.

Dream throws the gun onto the ground in the car and climbs out of the window too.