Chapter 16

I think I have sunken away in my own thoughts. I don't know for how long I've been sitting here- in the same room- in the same chair.

I slightly turn my head to the side as I notice a figure standing behind me. I can't tell who it is. They're standing close to me.

"Do you want anything to drink maybe?" he asks uncertainty.

It was Bad. I see him fiddle with his fingers in the corner of my eye. I hesitate before responding.

"Eh- Water's fine... thank you."

He immediately disappears behind me to go get it. Not even a minute later he places a glass of water with a straw on the big table.

I turn around to face the table and everyone in the room, I don't look at any of them whatsoever. I lean forward and hesitantly sip some of the cold water.

It's very refreshing. The icy feeling goes down through my body and disappears somewhere in my stomach.

I lean back in my chair and look around, not at the people, but at the room itself. As I look around the room I can't help but notice that Dream somehow isn't here anymore.

I start focusing on the people- none of them is Dream. I look back and forth, I recognize most of them, the ones that are wearing the same mask.

Bad takes a seat next to me. He pulls out his phone and starts texting someone.

"Where's Dream?" I ask him.

He looks up confused, "Uhm, I think he's just freshening up."

"Oh, okay."

I'm not sure if I should ask him instead. I mean, Bad definitely knows why I'm here. The other people in the room seem to be busy with other things anyways, they won't pay attention tp our conversation .

In the car he asked Dream if he'd already told me. Told me what? Bad knows it for sure. I calmly breathe in before leaning a bit towards him.

"Uhm- Bad?" he looks up to me again, "Why am I here exactly?"

I can see his facial expression change through his mask. He doesn't dare looking me in the eyes again. Instead he looks at the table, or his hands.

"Eeh, I don't think it's any of my business to tell you. Dream should."

I furrow my eyebrows, "I won't tell him that I'll know or that you told me."

I try to sound as innocent and trustable as I can, but Bad gets up instead.

"No, George. Dream should tell you."

And he walks away.

For a second I considered asking someone else in the room, but I don't think any of them would tell me. I take another sip of the water as I focus my eyes on the door ahead of me. It could open any second.

I flinch and almost choke on that bit of water as the door actually opens up. I immediately sit back in my chair, observing what's going on.

It's Dream.

He's wearing the same black ski mask, but I can tell he washed his face. He looks a lot cleaner and more awake.

He's wearing different clothes. A white shirt and black trousers. I cannot see his shoes.

He sits down at the table in the seat directly in front of me, at the far other side of the large table. He's facing me, and I'm facing him.

Without looking anywhere else he demands everyone to leave the room right now. I sit in silence watching the room get empty.