Chapter 36

X  years later, location: England

And here I am. Back into reality again. Into the gross real world, seeing nothing but the naked truth, which is disgusting.

I am a criminal. I am a disappointment. I am a liar. I am currently in prison. Months go by. I live day by day. Hour by hour. Second by second.

The prisons in England aren't that bad. They're just boring. I don't feel like I'm alive. I look outside and see a world I can't believe is real.

I remember my mom's face, and my sister's. That image will haunt me forever. They visited me once a month for a while, then only my mom. Now no one anymore. No one comes to visit. No one cares about me.

Dream never came for me. He probably doesn't even know where I am. Maybe he forgot me.

-

"Davidson?"

I look up.

"There's a visitor for you."

I furrow my eyebrows. I get kind of happy inside, maybe it's my mom, maybe my sister. Or maybe it's Dream..

-

I sit down on the little wooden chair and look through the glass in front of me.

I open my mouth, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to visit you."

That voice, I barely recognize him. He changed a lot. He sits down and and places his arms on the desk. He leans forward.

"How have you been?" he asks.

I roll my eyes, "Why would you care." I spit out.

He sighs, "I thought everything was cool between us.. after Karl returned, you know-"

I lean forward and slam my hands on the desk. He flinches behind the glass.

"Everything was okay, Sapnap. When I was with Dream, everything was perfect. Now I don't know where he is. It has been god how many years, why didn't he come for me? Why are you here, and not him?"

"I-"

"You still have Karl, I have no one."

"Karl's gone."

My eyes widen and I sit back down in the chair, "Oh- I-"

"I mean- he's not dead.. I think. He just got arrested more than a year ago. I don't know where he is, I swear I would've visited him if I knew."

"He- he got arrested?" I sigh and let my head roll back.

It's silent for a while. I can feel his stare burning in my head. I open my mouth, "Why are you here?" I say annoyed.

He hesitates before speaking, "So.. I met someone in America.. and we live together now."

I sit back up, "Who? Dream?"

He laughs, "No, a woman. She's my girlfriend, okay."

I slightly tilt my head, "What? And what about Karl?"

"Karl's in the past. It would not have worked out any way."

I lean forward, "What? Are you hearing yourself? After all those years the two of you finally met up again and now you just let him go like that?"

"Yes. And that's why I'm here. To tell you to do the same with Dream."

I shake my head, "No. Were not the same. I'm no jerk like you."

"George please, you can just start your life over again. You have so much money on your name. You can restart somewhere else once you get out, find someone new, and go live a normal life."