Chapter 22

I take a big step backwards and put my hands in the air, "What?!"

The guard pulls the gun back and taps it in his other hand, "She's pretty, right?"

I slowly catch my breath, both my hands are on my chest now, "Huh?"

I look at the thing again, I now notice a little pattern on it. It's a black pistol with shiny brown curls on it.

"Y- yes it looks very nice." I say as I subtly stand up straight.

He holds it up beside his head aimed upwards, "You're a police officer, right? You know sum 'bout guns."

I put my hands in my pockets, "Eeh, I know how to shoot and reload.. That's about it."

He nods, then looks backwards at one of the other guards. They both have a big smile on their face. My eyes glide over to Dream. He's leaning on the desk.

I see him hand out an ID. His fake ID probably. He also shoves some papers on the desk that are getting inspected by the third guard.

"You're not allowed to take your suitcases inside, but don't worry! They're safe here." the shortest guard tells me.

"Okay.." I say as I watch him grab my suitcase and place it next to the two guards chatting in the back.

"Please step through this." the tallest guard says.

He holds his arms out towards a scanner that detects objects and such. I walk through it, it obviously doesn't bleep. He also checks me himself manually.

I then turn around to look at Dream. The third guard finished typing things on a laptop. Dream steps through the body scanner as well, and also gets manually checked by the other guard.

They also take his suitcase and place it next to mine. I run my fingers through my hair and breathe out nervously. I'm really going to see my dad now. It's real, it all is.

I look up at Dream as he goes to stand next to me. He winks. I furrow my eyebrows and immediately look away.

"Alright, all seems good! Come with us gentlemen!" the tallest guard shouts.

Him and shortest one walk up first. The third guard stays at the desk. And the two guards chatting stay chatting next to our suitcases.

I'm amazed by the luxury in this place as I'm walking through this long hallway. Theres paintings on the walls, all lit up by little spots.

There's a double glass door at the end of the hallway. On each side of it theres a little table with fancy vases with flowers in them.

I look through the glass door, there's another elevator, with two tall men in dark suits standing next to it. The short guard runs up to the door and holds it open for us.

The tall guard enters the little room first, "Hey boys." he says to the other men. They look like bodyguards. They're wearing dark glasses and a microphone. They don't respond to the guard.

The bodyguard on the left presses the elevator button. The door opens immediately. The tall guard enters first, then me and Dream, then the short one runs up to us quickly.

The elevator has a tiled floor, it's very chic. All three walls are giant mirrors. I'm getting a little bit dizzy as I'm standing in here.

Luckily we. Don't have to be in here for long. The door opens and we're in another room. I sigh, why's it taking so long.

We step out of the elevator, I look around, it's a waiting room. I see a tv on the right wall, and seats on the left side of the room.

"Have a seat." the tall guard offers.