fourteen

Eliseo's POV

I'd rather be anywhere but here. I think drowning the shallow fountain in the driveway is more entertaining than sitting in this conference room.

It was filled with older businessmen begging for a deal with the Romardi's, wanting us to save them from their fast approaching bankruptcy. I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction. Romardi Enterprises was my pride and joy, I have no regrets when I decided to drop out of school at seventeen to invest myself fully into building the company even more so.

"Gentlemen, I suggest we opt-" My conversation was cut short by my phone ringing on the desk, I hand the phone to my personal assistant, to either answer it or leave a message.

"Sir I'm sorry to interrupt but it's your brother. He said there is an emergency at home." She whispered into the space beside me, low enough so no one else could hear.

Panic seeps through me. "What did he say?"

"He mentioned Gaia. He seemed rather enrage." She looked to the floor and lightly off putted by my brothers tone.

I haven't yet questioned which brother, Francesco was with papa buying stuff for Gaia's birthday, Amori and Armano had business across town. It could only be Raff. I sigh heavily. "Sorry gentlemen, the meeting must end, I will reschedule it for next week." Their protests were mere background noise as I grab my suit jacket as well as my phone, hauling my ass as fast as possible to my car.

If Raff was calling me about Gaia, it must be serious, hell if he was calling someone in general it must mean something.

I redial his number he picks up on the second ring.

'You could've answered the phone the first time.' His gruff tone spoke through the phone without much of a greeting.

'I was in a meeting cretino. What's wrong?' I slide into my car, not bothering with my belt at this moment in time, starting the engine and leaving the underground parking.

'Whatever. I got a call from one of the guards he informed me that Gaia was in some kind of shock, I found her in hysterics Eli.'

'I'll be there as soon as I can. Has she said anything?' I heard shuffling in the background, I heard light murmuring and unexpectedly Raffaele's calming words.

'I'll tell you when you all get here.' With that he hangs up. He was always a blunt bastard.

***

I get home finding everyone's cars in the driveway, looks like I am the last one to arrive. Got to love New York traffic.

I walked into the living room where I heard the most commotion. Everyone was crowding Gaia. She had a sad look on her face, her eyes were puffy and she would hate me saying this but her hair was a mess. She had dad on her right side, while Amori was her left.

That boy likes pretending he doesn't care about her. But hell, he probably loves her the most.

He had his arm wrapped around her shoulder, he head was on her shoulder as she breathed heavily. Calming herself down. I joined the rest of my family on the floor in front of him. She smiles sadly down at me. I squeeze her hand that was resting on her leg.

"Now everyone is here, fiore tell us whatever you are comfortable with alright?" Armano reassures her. She sighs, her breathing was shaky. Her eyes widened slightly.

"Just try to be calm mi amore, we want to help in whatever way we can." Dad kisses her temple lightly. She nods slowly before getting comfortable against Amori's side. No one misses the sides of his lips curl up at the action.