thirty- two

33K!! That is insane!!

Also working on some new projects for you guys that I am so excited to announce!!

Ilya takes my hand into his own, he leads me out of the bathroom as he occasionally looks back at me as we make our way back to the main room. Just like at the ball, he stops in the doorway. He turns his body fully facing me as he looks me up and down- never once lingering.

"I'll be fine Ilya." He shakes his head.

"What?" I laugh. "It's only a little while longer right?" He nods.

He reluctantly take my hand away from his own as I walk back over to Nora, and him back to the main table.

I order another drink, then another. I'm bored. I just want to go home.

New York home

I sit down on the bar stool, scanning the area once again, my eyes lingering on the main table just for a moment longer.

"You were in the bathroom a while." Nora comments, sliding up beside me. I scoff and roll my eyes. "What is it to you?"

"Just an observation." She replies. "The guard said you needed to stop drinking, Val wants you on top form and you are becoming an embarrassment to him."

"Please. Since when have I cared what he thinks." A throat is cleared behind me, I swivel around on the stool meeting the narrowed eyes of Vito. His lips formed into their permanent frown.

"Gaia. Join your fiancé and I at the table now." He outstretches his hand, I look between the hand and him like what he was proposing was ridiculous. "Now Gaia it wasn't a request."

"I'm busy."

"Yes humiliating my name. Now come." He inches closer to me, he grabs my upper arm in a bruising grip. I try to take shake off his hand but it gets tighter. "Now get your ass up and join us Gaia." I roll my eyes, slowly getting up from the stool.

Nora steps in front of Vito, gaining his attention. "If Gaia doesn't want to be introduced to our guests I'd be more than willing to Vito." She bats her eyelashes, a proud smile on her face. Vito just scoffs pushing her out of the way not even gracing her with a response.

He continues to drag me by my arm all the way to the table, a few eyes turn in our direction at the interaction, but when they catch sight of Vito, they are turning around as if they saw nothing.

Got to love the power he holds.

He pushes me down into the seat between Ilya and Valerius. Valerius drops his hand around the back the chair, his hand grazing my bare shoulder. It sends a cold shivers down my spine and I already feel uncomfortable. The atmosphere is tense, you'd need a chainsaw to cut the tension between the 4 men.

And I've found myself right in the middle of it.

"Querida. You are aware of who these men are." He tone was harsh and rough as he jutted his chin in the general direction of the Vasil'ev's.

"It's wonderful to see you again Gaia." Maxim Vasil'ev greeted me with a nod of his head. I turn towards Ilya, smiling softly in his direction. I swear I saw a slight quirk of his lips. It somewhat resembled a smile so I am taking it. Despite seeing him 30 mins ago in the bathroom.

"It's great to see you too. What brings you to Mexico." Valerius squeezes my shoulder in warning, warning me to keep my mouth shut. I'm nothing more than a pretty face here. A welcomed distraction.

Maxim goes to respond but is interrupted my Vito, "Gaia, it isn't a lady's business knowing of a man's." The grip on his tumbler tells me he isn't thrilled by my speaking up but to be fucked, I couldn't give two shits.