sixteen

"It's good to see you again Querida."

My hands freeze from behind Creedus' ears. I recognised the voice. A voice I should be pleased to hear, but it brought me fear, it brought back memories of a time I want to forget.

"What are you doing here?" My voice came out a hell of a lot weaker than I wanted. I didn't want to come off as weak. He would pray upon it. He stepped forward moving closer to me. I was growing more uncomfortable with every step.

"Can't I come and visit family." He questioned with fake sadness, but the cocky smirk on his face easily gave hime away to Francesco who was behind me and Armano who was now stood closer to me. "Now come give your pap a hug, it's been too long." I cringe when he says papa.

He wasn't my papa, never was, never fucking will be.

I look over to my real papa, a wave of confusion, even hurt was expressed across his features. My heart started to feel heavy.

"You aren't my papa." Uncertainty and anxiety were clear in my tone. It's getting harder to come off as strong. I could tell by my brother's expressions they are confused by the exchange. "Querida you have my surname, I am family." I roll my eyes at his insinuation.

Vito Matias was a sick bastard. He was a controlling, manipulative asshole, who deserved a good kick in the head. He used me, as a ploy, a target for his many, many games. He was supposed to save me from my past, yet he added to my trauma. When I finally made my way into the foster system I was grateful, I had an out, away from Vito, away from his disgusting spawn.

"I had your last name, I am a Romardi. So why are you here?" I was getting agitated, I was still on edge and probably would be until he left. Vito was getting angrier, every time he stepped closer to me Creedus would stand tall defensively, barking at him.

"I haven't seen you in over a year, I wanted to make sure you were ok, that you were adjusting to your... new life. I missed you." I scoffed in response, which only angered him further. This time ignoring Creedus' loud protests and now Octavius' snapping teeth.

"Please. Did you miss me or miss what I did for you." I pause smiling slightly. "Wait. You're not doing this for you, are you? You are here for him because he misses his little play thing." I shake my head.

Vito was pissed, better yet he was fucking fuming. And I was here for it, I knew I had hit the nail on the head.

"You think sending me a hefty cheque each month will pay for my silence, to keep me from revealing all your dirty little secrets. Everything you did to me, to others?" I chuckle softly, a sarcastic edge to it. "If you honestly think that Vito, you are just as stupid as the others." If he wasn't already angry, I definitely pissed him off this time. His face was red with fury, his eyes a shade darker, his eyebrows were drawn together.

"You listen here-"

"I think that is enough. I suggest you leave before I make you Matias." My papa spoke up, his voice stern and authoritative. Vito scoffed, but he continued smirking staring at me. His eyes raking my body. He made me feel uncomfortable even more so.

If I hated the school uniform before I now want to burn it.

With a final wink and a quick glance at my family he left. Not a single word was said for a little while as I stared at the closed doors. I could feel their eyes on me. Questioning me, I know when I turn around they will be start demanding answers.

"Why did you call him." My voice was low as I continued to stare at the now closed door. I was angry, no longer feeling nervous or uncomfortable from Vito's presence. It was pure anger towards my family. I couldn't control it.