fifteen

Gaia's POV

This period is dragging.

Who wants to sit through a two hours maths exam on calculating the incline of a hill, or the diameter of the moon from. quadratic formula.

To make it worse it is a Friday morning.

I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed this morning, to cuddle with the doggos, to snack and binge Netflix. I have been avoiding all conversation regarding my life in front of my family. After the whole stealing Raffaele's phone, we haven't gone back to the conversation at all.

My papa has tried bringing it up again. He told me there was still more to talk about, he knew I wasn't telling him something, or with holding information and honestly yeah I am. But could you blame me.

It has been so difficult for me to find someone who I can wholeheartedly trust with everything, well that just seem impossible.

But they are my family. I should be able to trust them straight away right?

"Pens down. Once I have collected your paper you may leave." Mr. Xaviers commands, the whole room was silent. Friends were making that heated eye contact that communicates how badly they failed, or how shit the test was.

Because, honestly same.

I pack my bag and leaving the classroom, Fabiano was waiting outside for me. He was leaned back against the lockers taking to his friend, I think his name is Issac. When he sees me approach he smiles wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me close.

"Hey pretty girl, how was the test?" I lean against his side, I'm exhausted. He laughs at me when I close my eyes and hum in response. "I take it that it went badly."

I shake my head, moving away from him. "I think it went pretty well. I just want today to be over." He laughs at me again, I roll my eyes.

Can't a girl just want the day to be over, before it's even started?

After Fabiano says bye to his friend, we both head towards sociology. A class literally made to express each others opinions, but honestly it turns into the most heated debates. It can get pretty entertaining, but very judgemental.

We get to the classroom and take our seat at our designated table beside Fabio and Felix.

"I want you guys to do a project about each others families structures, get to know your partners. This will link well to your midterm on importance of childhood wellbeing." I smile to my cousins, this seems like an easy enough project. "I will be choosing your partners." Everyone groans.

"Feliciano, Jason and Abigail."

"Joshua, Katee and Diana."

"Maeve, Gaia and Fabiano."

Well, at least half this project will be easy enough. I was expecting someone to question being paired up with my cousins, but no one does. Thank god.

"I am giving you the remaining time left in this period to get to know your partners." The scrapping of chairs on the floor vibrated the classroom. Felix looked sad to be leaving, he frowned, not before kissing the top of my head and punching Fabio in the shoulder.

Someone sitting down Felix's chair grabbed my attention, I swivelled in the chair and am met by blue eyes. "Hey, I'm Maeve." She had dark brown hair that was pulled back into a high curled ponytail, through the front their were whitish- blonde streaks. It looked so cool.

"Hey I'm Gaia, this idiot is Fabiano." Fabio scoffs. The three of us start getting to know one another. She was really funny, she exuded confidence, she didn't give a shit what people were whispering. She told me that people often chat shit about her makeup for school.