thirty- six

Gaia's POV

I've been sat in this cell for over 2 hours.

The officers didn't trust me to sit here without fucking hand cuffs on, chained to the barred frame- in front of every single officer in the small station. Alejandro had been taken for questioning as soon as we got here.

I first thought they couldn't talk to me until someone over 18 was there since I'm still a minor, but if they are Vito's pocket they don't do anything by the books.

I was tapping my nails against the metal in a tune, humming away along with it. There was a female officer sat a few feet away from me who was getting thoroughly pissed off with me but I couldn't give a shit.

I'm bored as fuck.

"Would you stop." She snapped at me a few minutes later. He accent bled into the words. She glaring heavily at my hands, I shrugged and continued doing it. "I'll stop when I get my call."

"You can't have it until the captain has spoken to you." I rolled my eyes. "Then I'm not stopping. Have fun with that."

I go back to taping the metal bars, but purposefully letting the cuffs clang against the frame as well. She clearly was getting more and more frustrated with me as time passed. She stood up quickly unlocking the cell. She pulled me by my elbow to her work bench.

"Do not breathe a word of this to my superiors." I mock salute the best I could with my cuffed hands.

She pushed the corded phone towards me as she sat down opposite me. I stare up at her. "I don't get privacy." She doesn't grace me with a response. I roll my eyes.

I pick up the phone, balancing it between my shoulder and my ear as I typed in the now memorised number.

The phone began to ring through and I breathed a sigh of relief.

'Agostino Romardi speaking.'

'Hey papa. How are you?'

'Mi amore? Why are you calling me from an unknown number?' I remain silent, contemplating how I tell him. 'Gaia Fiorella Romardi.'

'Shit you didn't need to full name me pops. I'm just sitting in a police station.'

'dios mio. Why the fuck are you in a station?'

"Who is it dad?"

'Your sorellina. She's in a police station.' There was silence. 'hey baby jailbait.'

'Hey Eli. Can we hurry this up I don't have long.' The officer glared at me as I was talking, her eyes scanning the bull-pit, on look out for her superiors.

'Get talking.' My papa bites out.

'Let's just say, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.' The officer scoffs. "Please. I was stabbed why am in trouble."

'You were stabbed?!'

'G? What happened?'

"You were seen fighting the man. Drugs were found in his possession, you had a roll of money dn you were both seen holding a weapon."

"Could you shut up I'm in the middle of my call." I smile sweetly. She scowls, "1 minute. Then I'm cutting you off."

I roll my eyes. "Sorry papa. Just please tell me you have a plan to get me.'

'We do mia dolce angelo. It's almost over bambina. I promise.'

'I miss you all so much.'

'I know mi amore. Just look forward to seeing all of us. Hold onto the thought of me earning your forgiveness, calming Amori down when he goes ballistic. Remember the comfort of being with your family. Until then, lean on Ilya and Maxim.'