thirty- one

A new cover book, let me know what you think :)))

a few weeks later

Gaia's POV

UGH

Who knew being kidnapped would be so boring!!

I feel like all I've known is the inside of a locked room, two guards on me at all times, 3 meals sent to me routinely for the last few weeks.

How fun is that?

It's the same thing day in, and day out.

I need some excitement from thrill, you know?

I should be taking this kidnapping more seriously but the enjoyment that comes from pissing off the Matias' is even better. With that being said, I'm surprised they haven't killed me yet.

Just yesterday, Valerius came into the room i'm locked in to, he was either trying to flirt with me or blackmail me but either way I just laughed in the dumbass' face. Which resulted in him taking away my food privileges.

Although, it was better off that way because you can only eat so many ham and cheese sandwiches. I'm never gonna want to eat a sandwich again in my life.

My bedroom door opens and I look up briefly to see it who it was, it was Elonora. She was carrying a plate with a sandwich and a bottle of water.

All for not eating

She pushes the plate in front of me and as soon as her fingers let go of the paper plate I pushed it right back.

"Just eat it Gaia." She sighs, going to lean against the small dresser opposite the bed.

"I'm good." I open the book again, I had found it under the bed and have found myself reading it, it wasn't very fascinating. I think it is about birds of prey and what they represent in society.

Who knew mafia men were so philosophical?

"It would be better for you to just listen." She leans off of the dresser, rolling her eyes as she steps closer to the bed.

"It would be easier on me?" I laugh emotionlessly. "On me? I could kill you right now and they wouldn't bat an eyelid." I roll my eyes.

"Yes they would. They care about me." She retorts, instantly on the defensive.

"Keep telling yourself that darling. But we both know you are only here to take the spotlight after I left. You're even dumber than I thought if you honestly believe you are here because he loves you."

"HE DOES LOVE ME"

I roll my eyes, not even entertaining her bullshit anymore, I focus back on the words on the page, making note of the small annotations around the text.

"You really have changed Gaia."

"So has the rest of the world Nora." She stay silent after that. I look back up at her expectantly. "Is there a reason you are loitering or are you just here to kill time?"

"Val wants you and me at their meeting tonight at their club."

"Why?" I question skeptically, sitting up suddenly interested. "It's an important meeting, he wants us on lookout if someone approaches them." She tells me as she reaches for the door handle.

"Ah so he is slutting us out... typical Matias'."

She scoffs, turning around so quickly she probably has whiplash. She stomps her way over to the bed with so much intent, her finger wagging in my face. "Why are you so intent on hating him? He has done nothing but want to help!!"