1

I want a child

Jimin POV

It's hot. The room is full of smoke. I can barely breathe. The only thing I see is fire. Fire everywhere. I hear screams and muffled sounds from far away, wood cracking, the sirens going on and off in the background.

Where am I?

"Eomma?"

"Appa?"

"Where are you?"

"Eomma!"

My tears are tracing a line down my cheeks. My sobs getting louder.

I want mom

Someone's coming. I can't see who. He's very big and has this strange uniform on.

"I've found the last one here! Get the breathing mask immediately!"

He crouched down, holding me in his embrace.

"It's okay little buddy. you're safe now, we got you. You're such a strong hero, you know?"

Soon enough I could see two other men coming towards us. They all had the same uniform on. One of them placed something on my face. It was uncomfortable but I was able to breathe, at least better than before. He lifted me up and told me to close my eyes. Being the obedient child my parents raised me as, I obliged.

When I opened my eyes again I was in my grandparents arms. My grandma was crying, she looked..... scared? And...... sad? I tried to look back but she only hugged me tighter, preventing me from seeing the house caught in flames.

"Eomma. I want to see eomma. Halmeoni can you take me to eomma?"

She only sobbed more. I looked at my grandfather, pleading him with my eyes.

"J-Jimin-ah, you're strong, right? Strong like a hero-"

My head is hurting. I'm getting sleepy. Why is it dark here? I don't want to be alone.

"Jimin-ah"

"Chim"

"Sweeti-"

"Huh? A-ah nae what did you say?"

"What's wrong honey? You're so quiet today. You've been zoning out too much. Are you not feeling well? Should we call a-"

"Halmeoni please, I'm fine, ok? Everything's good, no need to worry"

"Yah silly, of course I should worry. You're my grandchild after all. But you still didn't give me an answer, are you sure you can take care of yourself in this house alone? Maybe I should hire someo-"

"Halbeoji, could you please help me?" I gave puppy eyes to my grandfather sitting in front of me, pleading him with my eyes.

"Honey, stop it. You can clearly see how well he is doing, no need to overreact- oh! I almost forgot. How's it going in the company, I heard you're trying to find a good company to sign a contract with."

"Ah, I guess Hoseok hyung told you, well I'm still looking. No one has caught my interest yet"

"Well that's ok, but you know that you can ask me whenever. I don't want to pressure you too much, you know, for your health."

"Thanks for worrying but I don't feel pressured, it's all thanks to Hoseok hyung. I could never ask for a better secretary, and of course friend" I could feel a smile appear on my face just by thinking of Hoseok hyung and how he was there for me all the time.