4

Can I call you Kookie?

Jimin's POV

I stirred in my sleep as I felt someone shaking me.

"-pa"

"Appa! Wake up!"

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand lifting my head up from the pillow with one eye closed and the other open. Hyejin was sitting on her knees beside me on the bed. She looked somewhat uneasy and worried. Maybe she had a nightmare?

"What is it sweetie? Did you have a nightmare? Wanna sleep with appa?" I asked while caressing my four year old daughter's hair.

"Appa shh!" She whisper-shouted while pressing her small index finger on my lips. "Appa someone is here" I furrowed my brows "w-what do you mean here?" I hastily sat up "Are you saying someone is in the house?" She nodded quickly. Just as I was about to ask her another question I heard a crashing sound from downstairs. I felt the panick tracing it's cold fingers on my skin, making my whole body shiver. I had to keep my composure, for Hyejin. What to do now? I can't call someone right this instance. People are sleeping.

I looked at the light coming from my digital clock on the nightstand. It read 1:32 am. I looked back at Hyejin and told her to stay quiet in my room while I check the noise.
I looked around to find something that could at least protect me if they had a weapon or sharp tool. My eyes roamed around the room but it was so dark that I couldn't see anything, I didn't want to turn the lights on and expose us to our uninvited guests. I didn't find anything useful so I took a pillow. (lol thats what I would do if I was in Jimins situation)

Slowly and carefully, without making any noice I tiptoed to the door, hugging the pillow like my life depended on it. I looked back at Hyejin who was sitting on the bed, looking at me worried. I gave her a smile and placed my hand on the doorknob. I prayed to the heavens, angels and everything out there for the door not to squeak. As I slowly pushed the door open I could hear light footsteps downstairs and some muffled sounds. I gulped the saliva down my dry throat, with sweaty palms I let go of the doorknob and stepped out in the hallway. The stairs were not that far away. I made my way across the hall to the top of the stairs and crouched down. Through the railings I could see two figures roaming around in the living room.

Just as I was about to turn around and head back to the room I saw something glistening in the dark. I looked closer and realised it was a sharp blade. Nice, very nice. I watched their movements. The other guy had a rope in his hand and duck tape, seriously? Why would people choose doing these things in the middle of the night instead of sleeping?

I turned around, for the second time, and tiptoed back to the room successfully without making any noice. When I entered the room I didn't close the door fully behind me so it wouldn't make any noice. Hyejin was sitting at the exact same spot as before.

I knew she was worried so I went and sat across her on the bed. She hopped on my lap as I engulfed her in a hug, planting a kiss on her forehead. She looked at me with those doe eyes. "Hyejin, baby, I want you to be a good girl and listen to appa. We don't have much time."

"Nae appa" I looked her in the eyes.

"Right now there are some baddies downstairs. They might seem scary but you know that appa is strong right?" She nodded as I gave her a smile and proceeded "I will go downstairs and talk to them so they can leave. While I talk to the baddies I want you to sneak out from this window and wait for me in the backyard. Whatever you hear don't come here okay?" I saw the hesitation in her eyes but she nodded anyways. I just love her so much.

"When you are down there I want you to count to 100. If I don't come when you're done I want you to call uncle Hoseok with the phone that I'm gonna give you now and tell him to come here. And remember, whatever happens don't go inside." She nodded with tears in her eyes. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. Whispering small nothings in her ear to calm her down.