8

Don't be sad Taetae, we love you

Author's POV

The doorbell rang and Hyejin ran fast towards the door, already knowing who was standing behind it. Her silk and black hair, shoulder length, bouncing as she was trying to reach the handle. She tiptoed and opened the door with her small hands.

"Taetae!" She screamed with enthusiasm while clapping her hands, reaching them out for the said man to carry her. His weird shaped boxy smile on show, his eyes forming into crescents. The stylish man, who works as a model, bent down and picked her up. He started spinning around while the girl laughed and held him tighter.

Hyejin loves being carried by Taehyung. He is taller than Jimin, so when he carries her she gets taller than her appa.

"Excuse moi, but I'm here too you know" Seokjin crossed his arms and pretended to frown while whipping his head to the said, looking away from the duo.

"Hehe, sorry Jinnie but you come here many times and Taetae only comes here few times" She said going towards Jin and hugging his tall legs. Jin's jeans smells like washing detergent. Hyejin likes it, the smell is so addicting she feeels like she could sniff on it all day long. But she doesn't like it as much as her appa's flowery scent. That scent is her favourite. It makes her feel calm but at the same time possesive, not wanting anyone else to smell her appa's scent.

"Oh! Sorry hyung and Tae. I didn't hear the doorbell ringing" Jimin said while going down the stairs, a big and welcoming smile on display.

"Jiminieeee!" Taehyung squeals and runs towards his soulmate- as Taehyung calls it -and gives him a bear hug.

Jimin giggles in Tae's embrace as he tries hugging his friend back but to no avail. Taehyung is squeezing him so hard it's almost becoming hard to breathe.

"Ya you bear! Let him go!" Jin butts in.

And the day goes on with laughters, dad jokes and noises echoing through the small mansion. Squirrels and birds peeking through the windows to see where the source of all the noises is coming from. For the first time in a while, the quiet and lonely small mansion in the middle of the forest is filled with laughters and joy.

...

"-so he took me out to a date, I mean of course he should after ignoring me for a whole year!" Jimin giggled at Jin's statement.

"Hyungie, stop overreacting. You're being a drama queen again" Taehyung rolled his eyes and kept playing with Hyejin who was sitting in his lap.

"Excuse you! What do you mean 'drama queen'? At least I'm in a relationship-" Jin started but realised what he said and covered his mouth, his eyes became round. Taehyung's smile dropped and he let his curly, dark brown hair fall over his eyes as he looked down. Hyejin sensed the discomfort and hugged him.

"I'm so sorry I didn't-" Jin started but got cut off.

"It's okay hyung, I understand that it just came out like that but please-" Taehyung looked Jin in the eyes with a sad smile "I hope you understand that I'm a bit sensitive about it"

Jimin had no clue what they were talking about and didn't know what to do. He signalled Hyejin to go to her room so the adults could talk in private.