6

Hyejin is causing trouble
at school

Author's POV

The moon is up and shining brightly in the dark night sky. A planet, resembling the sun, only for night creatures. The night sky is clear, only some visible, grey clouds far away. Slight breezes of wind making the leaves on the trees sway. The forest looks so dark and quiet, yet so peaceful and alluring. The wind whispering in your ears to enter the dark forest and get swallowed by its shadows.

In the midst of the lively yet peaceful forest, stands a house. Its lights turned off, windows closed, no traces of a person in the house. Telling the outsiders that the owner is either asleep or the house is empty. But on the second floor of the building, in one of the bedrooms lays a handsome male on the expensive bed, asleep. His pretty face glowing under the moonlight. Though if you look closely, you could see the sweat trickling down the sides of his forehead. He's slightly shaking, breath uneven, chest going up and down at a quicker pace, head shaking from left to right.

"N-no..... don't-" faint words and whispers escaping his mouth. The once, rosey and pink thin lips are now chapped and dry.

A nightmare.

Jungkook's POV

I look down at my hands, they're so small like a child's hands. I can hear sinister laughing, I look up. My aunt. She's dressed as a witch. I'm holding a lighter. I look up at my aunt again. She's still a witch, but now she's screaming. She's being burned on the stake.

Suddenly I find a mini version of me playing with Namjoon hyung. As if I'm watching from third point of view. My mom and dad are out in the garden, enjoying the hot summer weather while eating watermelon.

But as soon as they take the first bite the food starts rotting and black liquid comes out of their mouths. I try to scream, but my head is under water.

I woke up, it was just a dream. But someone's laying beside me. I can't see their face but I feel myself smile while caressing their cheek.

Then all of a sudden I see my aunt again. Now she's dressed as the evil witch from snow white. She's offering the same watermelon to that person whom I can't see their face. I try to save them before taking the first bite, but there's a little girl holding me back. I look down, those big round eyes and black hair.

Hyejin. She's crying.

"Appa! N-no..... don't!"

"Kookie, I love you"

Author's POV

With an unheard scream, Jungkook wakes up from his nightmare panting. His bedsheets are slightly wet from all the sweating. He remembers everything clearly. The witch, his parents, watermelon, unknown someone, little girl.

"Hyejin" he whispers to himself.

"I love you" the words comes out of his mouth.

"I love you?" He questions. Why the hell did I say that? And to whom?

Jungkook reaches out his hand under the pillow. Feeling around for a cold metallic object. Once he has his phone in his hand he turns it on and looks at the screen.

"02:57" he reads out. Suddenly his eyes feel tired and he falls back to sleep, nightmare long forgotten.

Same morning

Jungkook wakes up by a tingling sensation in his lower abdomen.

"Fuck, I need to pee"

Minutes after coming back from using his bathroom the phone starts ringing.