⚏𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃⚏

"

"...is that a challenge princess?..."

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

NEJI'S POV

Three weeks. Y/N has been in a coma for three fucking weeks. After we raided and attacked the Akatsuki, we called the ambulance and she was quickly rushed to the hospital. I never left her side—I was scared to lose her again. I still don't understand why I feel this way and I barely know the girl. I couldn't stop wondering about what happened during those four days when the Akatsuki were torturing her. There hasn't been any movement on their end either. We're not sure if the majority of them perished in the fire, or they managed to escape and were lying low. Either way, they weren't ever going to get their hands on her again.

After the first week, the hospital allowed us to take her to the house in Connecticut where Sakura would be monitoring her progress. Sakura never left her side either—I can only assume she felt guilty for what happened, even though it wasn't her fault.

Only a few of us were staying in the house in Connecticut while the rest stayed in New York to track the Akatsuki, but quite frankly, there was no progress. Sometimes I really hate this job and wonder what life would've been like had I not been forced into the mafia world.

I just want Y/N to wake up. I really want to hear her voice.

I stood up from the desk in my master bedroom and made my way to the kitchen, only to end up bumping into Choji and Naruto.

"Oi, Neji! Do you want to taste this new flavor of ramen that Choji and I cooked up?" Naruto asked excitedly. I looked at the boiling ramen on the stove that was green in color. The sight of it made me want to throw up.

"No, I'll pass. But you know, I heard Sasuke say he was craving ramen. I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture," I smiled.

"Yeah? Do you really think so? Alright Choji, you heard the man! One bowl of ramen for our good friend Sasuke!" Naruto grinned.

"Coming right up!" Choji exclaimed, throwing his fist in the air.

Hmph. Serves Sasuke right for burning all of my hair ties last month.

I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and headed to the mini-hospital Sakura set up in one of the guest rooms for Y/N. Upon entering the room, I noticed her pink head resting on Y/N's bed, fast asleep. She must be in here day and night. If I could do the same then I would, but I don't want to attract unwanted attention to myself.

"Comfortable?" I asked, startling her.

"NEJI!" she screamed. "Don't you know not to scare a lady?" She stood up to fix her clothes, adjusting the blanket on the bed as well.