⚏𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃⚏

"

"...it was just a dream..."

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

flashback to San Juan: eight months ago

"Y/N come here and help us with the sandcastle!" Rosa called out to you.

"I'm coming. I'm coming," I chuckled.

I enjoyed the little moments like this with them. They're so precious and I would do anything to protect them.

I ran over to the two girls, Rosa (7) and Clara (3), to aid in their sandcastle building.

"y/n! yay!" the younger one shouted.

"You guys!" their mom scolded. "You can't make her do everything with you. Let her have her fun at the beach too."

"but mama!" Clara whined. "i love y/n! she's the best! i want her to be my sister!"

"Honestly, Maria, I don't mind spending time with the girls. They're the sweetest," I told her.

"If you say so, but you know how they get sometimes," she chuckled.

Before you left Japan, you contacted the embassy and set up a homestay with a local family, informing them that you were a student studying abroad. You set everything up to make your lie believable so you could truly focus on your mission, whilst blending in with the locals. You and Maria met when you first came to San Juan. Just like with the embassy, she was under the impression that you were a college student studying abroad in Puerto Rico and looking to stay with a host family.

What you didn't know was that she was a single mother with two beautiful children to who you soon became attached. They looked up to you like a big sister in the short month that you had been there.

You were dreading leaving the country because you knew you'd miss their smiling faces waking you up every morning.

"y/nnnnnnn," the small girl whined, dragging out my name and shaking me out of my thoughts. "i want to go see the fishies in the ocean!"

She began dragging my arm to pull me towards the water. For only being three, she was surprisingly strong.

"Come on Rosa!" I called out to the older sibling. "Can you grab Clara's floaties on your way?"

"Sure!" she spoke, picking up two pairs of floaties.

We spent some time in the water, having fun and constantly splashing each other until Maria told us to come back. I looked up at the sky to see that it was overcast with thunderclouds. Puerto Rico frequently got tropical storms and bad rain, so we knew it was time to go back home.

As we packed up our belongings, I noticed the sandcastle we made was still there.

"Hey, Maria can you take a quick picture of me and the girls next to the sandcastle!" I asked.