⚏𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎⚏

"

"...he's not loyal..."

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

"Whose life?" Neji repeated.

I turned away from his gaze. "I just wanted some fresh air. It's nothing."

"Well it's definitely something," he replied, taking a seat on the grass next to me. "Weren't you the one talking about communication in relationships or something?"

"Weren't you the one saying we weren't in a relationship?" I challenged.

"Hmm...touché," he chuckled. "But come on seriously. You can talk to me. I've basically told you all my secrets, what are yours?"

"Neji," I turned to face him seriously. "I can't tell you. I've never told anyone. It's just...too..."

"Too what, baby?" he prodded.

"Too traumatizing," I finally said.

"Okay. If you don't want me to know, then I won't push anymore. I just wish you would trust me enough to confide your darkest secret in me. I wouldn't look at you any different or think of you any less because I l-. Like you so much," he quickly slurred.

"Neji Hyuga. We're you going to say something else?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

His facial features softened, which he quickly tried to cover up by whistling. "Tch. No."

"Yeah okay," I chuckled.

"I mean it," he said seriously. "I want you to be able to tell me one day. And I want to be the first person you tell. Promise?"

He extended his pinky finger for me to lock with my own. "Promise." I gave him a toothy smile, to which he returned one himself.

"Come on babe. Let's sleep some more!" he took my hand in his, helping me to stand up.

"It's six! Let's make some breakfast for everyone," I smiled.

"Breakfast? I'm not really one to cook," he shook his head.

"I'll help you. Let's go."

We worked together to prepare a large meal for everyone. Neji told me that after I was fully healed according to Sakura, we would be returning to New York with everyone else.

I had honestly forgotten about everyone in New York. I came to really enjoy the time I spent here getting to know everyone and the little moments Neji and I shared.

I just hope it all works out when we return.

"Whew! Something smells good!" Choji entered the kitchen, rubbing his stomach.

"Did you guys really get up this early to make us all breakfast?" Lee asked, his mouth watering at the sight of the large buffet.

"We sure did," I smiled, hooking my arm onto Neji's.