Wake Up

Luca's pov

I woke up to my head slamming against the tile floor. Everything smashed me like a hammer all at once. Alberto and I just kissed in my dream. Not in real life. Not only that he could be dead and I  think I like him...more then a friend.

My grandma helped me up and the few people that had walked in before where walking out with the harpoon.

As soon as I could see Alberto I ran over to him. He had bandages around his stomach and his face was so still.
Everything about him seemed so calm. The way his hair set. How his eyes were so perfectly shut.

Aaa Luca why are you thinking these things, you cant like your best friend  like that. He could be dead and all you can think about is how he is so stupidly perfect.

I sat down in the chair next to him and held his hand, just like how I was before they took out the harpoon.

If only things could be like how they are in my dreams. I want him to hold me and tell me its all gonna be okay. I need him to be there with me and hold my hand.

I miss him so much.

A few hours later I can hear a familiar voice out in the long narrow room that leads to all the other box rooms with moving beds.

Giulia?

Maybe she came to see if he's okay. Maybe she isn't as scared and convensed Ercole to be quite?

But what if she told everyone and it's not just her and it's the whole town with haproons coming after me and Alberto...silencio bruno, that's just a dumb voice in my head.

She probably is just here to say hi. After all my best friend could die because of me.

"OMG is he okay?!?!" Giulia said while barging into the room.

I sat up immediately out of shock and a little embarasment. What if she saw me holding his hand, I dont want her to think I like him like that.

"You must be so worried, and I'm sorry I reacted the way that I did. " Giulia said while walking up to me and placing her hands on my face.

Why does she keep doing that, it's making me uncomfortable. I push her hands off my face and say "It's fine I get it, and I heard them tell my grandma he's in a coma but he should wake up in a few days." What every that's means.

Giulia looks over at Alberto and sits on the opposite side that I'm sitting next to him "Well then we wait here, until he wakes up."

Man she's really willing to stay here with me until Alberto wakes up. That's so kind.

I look back at Alberto but then my stomach growls. No not again I just ate this morning. I don't wanna leave his side again.

I look at my stomach and then at Alberto tearing up. "What is it?" Giulia asks tilting her head a bit.

"It's nothing. " I say looking back at Alberto face and hiding the fact that I'm holding his hand behind the bed where Giulia can't see.

"Obviously not you are about to cry and keep looking at your stomach. Are you hungry?" Giulia gets up and starts walking towards me.

I let go of Albertos hand "Ya kinda. But I don't want to eat." I say while looking to the side so Giulia can't really see my face.

She puts her hands out turning my face. I wanna tell her I dislike it but I can't get the words out.

Giulia puts her hands down and says "Here I can go get you some food from the cafe, you need to eat and I understand you don't want to leave his side."

She leaves the room and closes the door behind her. I have no idea where my grandma went but I honestly didn't care.

"Alberto, I don't know if you can hear me or not but I just want you to know that I'm sorry." I can barely hold my body weight, everything felt like it was crushing me.

I grab Albertos hand and place my head on his chest and cry. I didn't hold back.

Giulia's POV

I had just gotten a tray with some chicken nuggies and some fries on it. I know it's not much but I can't get any thing else until my mom or dad comes with the caregiver pack I made before I left.

I was about to open the door but I started to hear a muffled voice in the room. Is Luca crying?

I place my ear up against the door trying to listen in but all I could here was "p-please..... I....... No.... Wait....... Just wake up."

I nocked on the door and Luca gasped, I waited a few minutes before opening the door so that Luca could settle down a bit.

"Hey Luca, I got you some food."

"Oh um, *sniff* thank you Giulia."

I brought him his tray and he ate it slowly. "Hey Giulia." Luca said with a mouth full of fries. "Yes Luca." I responded looking over at him.

"What's a coma?"

"Oh um, it's when someone Is taking a really long nap. They wake up after a while tho." That's what my mom said when her dad was in a coma.

The only difference is that he never woke up. But I wasn't gonna be the one to tell Luca that could happen. Not now. Not ever.

Luca's POV
It had been a few hours and Giulia had fallen asleep with her head on my shoulder. A few minutes before that she moved her chair next to mine so I hadn't been able to hold Alberto's hand but now I did.

"Alberto, where is Alberto?" I heard Massimo's voice out in the hallway. Which is what Giulia said connects all the rooms.

Swing. Massimo came barging in the room and Giulia sat up as fast as she could. But for some reason I held on tighter to Albertos hand rather then letting go.

"Is he alright? I just got Giulia's note and I have this for you." Massimo handed me a bascit full of snacks and games. "Oh um thank you. He's okay but the doctors say he's in a medical induced coma."

Massimo sits in the remaining chair in the room. "It was a harpoon. I don't know what all Giulia told you, but it was a harpoon." I said as Massimo locked eyes with the big white bandage on Alberto chest.

1134 words 
Thanks for reading and if everything turns out okay I'll have the next chapter out by tomorrow =}