looking at the stars 😎

Luca's pov

Alberto eventually passed out after the nurses left. They had stressed him more then I appriciate.

This is so dumb, why can't the doctors and nurses just respect Alberto. He's not just a being that can be tossed around, he's perfect and deserves better.

I watch Alberto as he's sleeping and Massimo keeps glancing over at me. He keeps trying to cover it but it's obvious.

"So, uh, you and Alberto eh. Your just friends correct?" Massimo looks over at me but it's hard for him to look right at me while he talks to me.

"Ya, you could say that." He's getting suspisous and I still can't tell where he stands. I know he will probably not support us and I don't know what to do.

We sit in our chairs for hours. The sun has started to set and Alberto is still sleeping.

His chest slowly moves up and down and his face is so blank, but peaceful. I want him to hold me again.

I hold his hand and sit closer to him in my seat.

"Luca?" There's that soft voice. The voice that sounds like all the angels in the world came together and created Alberto.

"Hey, how did you sleep?"

Albertos pov

"I slept alright, but now I kinda wanna walk around." I don't even know if I can anymore but I'm tired of this room.

"Oh, um, okay! Let me go ask a nurse for help." Luca seems so enthusiastic about it but if I'm being completely honest the nurses are the last thing I want.

I grab Luca's hand as he starts to walk away. "Wait, I don't want the nurses. I was just kinda hoping we could walk out there together." I can tell Massimo is about to stand up so I glance over at him and say "Alone."

Luca turns around and nods helping me get up and walk out of the room.

We make it out and it looks different from what I was expecting. The hallway looks more clean and white.

Even though the room was that way too I was hoping for something more distracting.

"Where do you wanna go?" Luca asks closing the door and supporting my body weight.

"Can we go outside or something, or go to a window?" I just need some fresh air or a veiw of something new.

The window in the room is blocked by a sepreation curtain so I never really get to see it.

We walk down the hall a while and I trip a few times but luca always catches me so I don't fall.

Turning is hard and my feet keep getting tied up with one another so eventually Luca picks me up. It is so sweet.

He carries me to the window at the end of the hall and we watch the sun fully go down.

But after a while I can't stop looking at Luca. Hes so pretty =)

He gentally sets me down and we talk about the stars and how they all have names.

"Man I was so stupid thinking they were anchovies haha" I joke.

"No, you aren't stupid you were just never taught it, and that's okay." I know he's trying to help me feel better but all it does is make me remember how my dad was never really there.

I look back outside and sit down in the seat that is next to the window. Luca stands next to me and grabs my hand.

"So, um, I actually have something I wanted to tell you." Luca looks kinda scared and under his breath says "Silencio Bruno"

"What is it?" I ask grabbing his other hand with my free hand so he stops biting his nails.

"I've kinda known for a while now, but I didn't know what it was. But uh, I kinda think that I might possibly have a slight cru-" before he could finish his sentence I could already tell what he was going to say.

"Luca, I feel the same way." Luca's face went red and he let go of my hands out of being a bit overwhelmed.

He started shuffling his shoes a bit and looking down so I grabbed his hand again and said "Hey is everything okay?"

"Ya I just didn't think this far ahead as to what would happen after I told you 😅" He scratched his neck with his hand that I wasn't holding so I held it too so he wouldn't accedintally hurt himself.

"So uhh, what do you want to happen?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, I think you need to get out of the hospital and be able to walk first before we figure it all out."

He looks sad over what he just said but the way he said it sounded so happy, it was confusing but I understand what he's feeling.

After a little bit of looking out at the stars in silence he picks me up and we head back to the room.

Everyone is sleeping but Giulia when we get back. She's laying on my bed with her back to the door and is humming. I don't know what the tune is but it sounds familiar.

"Hey Giulia, we just got back sorry for taking so long." Luca whispers.

"Oh hey, sorry I'll go lay down in my spot again. I hope you boys sleep well!" She gets up and flattens out the blanket before walking back behind the curtain and falls asleep on the window seat.

Luca begins to sit down in the seat next to me after setting me on my bed. What is he doing why won't he sit next to me? I know he knows I like him now and if he's uncomfortable that we have a mutual feeling I understand but I kinda miss him.

I reach my hands out for him and he smiles and lays down in my arms again.

979 words
I apologize this took so long I'm not gonna lie I can't remember what I originally made this chapter about so uhhh I hope you liked it I'll try to make the next chapter faster =)