Goodbyes and The Train

My parents come into the Justice building. My mom is bawling her eyes out and my dad just looks he's lost everything. I try to hold myself together for them but I can't and I just start crying in their arms.

"Annie you can win this and come back! You just have to try! Promise us that you will try!" My dad tells me.

"I promise," I tell him.

I know there isn't anyway I'm coming home alive.

"I love y'all!" I say in between sobs.

"We love you too, sweet girl! We'll be waiting for you to get back!" My mother tells me.

She wipes the tears off of my cheeks and then the peacekeepers come in.

"Times up!" They yell.

"I love both of you so much!!" I scream as they get pulled away from me.

On the train
When we get on the train I go find my room. When I find it I go into it and shut the door. I sit on my bed and cry. I hear the door open and see Finnick walk in and shut the door. He walks over to me and sits beside me.

I cry even more as Finnick wraps his arms around me.

"Annie you have to calm down," he tells me.

"Why should I? I'm not going to win so what does it matter what people think of me?" I ask him.

"Annie don't say that!" Finnick tells me.

"But it's true! I've never trained for this! I don't know how to use a weapon!" I yell in frustration.

"Look join up with the careers and stay with them and also stay with Luke till the end," Finnick tells me.

"But Finnick what if me and Luke are the last two? I can't kill him! I can't kill anybody! There all innocent people!" I cry. Finnick rubs my back as I cry into his chest.

"Annie shhh," Finnick tells me. We sit on my bed till someone walks in. I don't bother looking up and just leave my face buried in Finnick's chest.

"Dinner time!" I hear the annoying voice of Aria say.

"We'll be there in a second," Finnick tells her. I hear her walk out.

"Annie let's go eat," Finnick tells me.

When we enter the dining area I go sit down and Finnick gets something to eat.

I'm not very hungry and I don't plan on eating but sure enough Finnick hands me a plate full of food.

I take it but don't eat.

Finnick sits beside me and whispers in my ear.

"You need to eat something," he tells me.

"I'm not hungry," I say and get up.

I walk back to my room, shut the door, and lay on my bed.

Not even a second later my door opens and Finnick walks in.

He shuts the door and walks over to me.

"Annie you really need to eat as much as you can," he tells me.

"I'm not hungry!" I tell him.

"Annie look I know how you're feeling, I've been in your position before-" he says but I cut him off.

"Finnick you trained before you went in. I haven't trained at all! I'm not a fighter, Finn!" I cry.

"Look at me, yes you are a fighter!" He tells me.

"All I know how to do is make nets! The careers aren't going to let me in the group! I'm going to die in the arena!" I cry.

Finnick pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head.

"No you are not going to die, Annie. I'm not going to let that happen!" He tells me.

"You can't control what happens in the games, Finn," I tell him.

"Maybe not but I will get you sponsors and anything you need; you'll have," he tells me.

Later at night
Me and Finnick have been laying in my bed the entire night and I wish I could just stay in this moment.

We get to the Capital and Aria starts yelling and banging on my door.

Finnick groans and sits up and I sit up.

"I don't want to go, Finn!" I complain.

"I know Annie but you know you have to," Finnick tells me. I sigh.

Finnick pulls me off of the bed.

We walk out of my room and go into the dining area of the train and I see and hear all the Capital citizens. I've always thought that they were crazy and this just proves it to me that they are.

The train stops and the doors open. Aria pushes me and Luke out of the train and the screaming and shouting gets louder.

I feel Finnick's hand on the small of my back as he pushes me away from the crowd and we walk into a building called the "Remake Center".

The Poor Mad GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara