The First Day

I wake up to Finnick lightly shaking me.

"Annie you need to wake up," Finnick tells me.

I wake up and remember what today is.

"Finnick I'm not ready!" I exclaim.

"Yes you are! You will come back to me," he tells me.

I get up and brush my teeth for the last time probably.

Mags took Luke to the hovercraft earlier this morning and Finnick is taking me now.

"Annie I promise you, I'll get you sponsors and I'll do everything I can to keep you alive," Finnick tells me when we get in the elevator.

He pulls me into a kiss and I kiss him back.

We pull away and I'm sad about it.

"I love you, Annie," he tells me.

"I love you too, Finn," I tell him.

We reach the roof and I see the hovercraft. Me and Finnick step off of the elevator and he walks me to the hovercraft.

"I'll see you after you win," he whispers in my ear and I nod.

I walk onto the hovercraft and sit down. A woman comes by and roughly grabs my arm and stabs a huge needle into my arm. I bite back my scream.

"It's your tracker," the woman says and walks away.

I rub my arm.

At the arena
When we finally arrive at the arena we are led off and me and Luke get split up. I go into a room and see my stylist. She hands me clothes. I notice that I have thermal leggings, a thermal long sleeve shirt, a thick jacket, and snow boots. I put the clothes on.

"I'm guessing it will be a cold snowy arena," she says and gives me a sympathetic look.

I definitely won't survive this. I've never experienced cold weather and snow.

"Tributes take your places!" A robotic voice says.

As I'm about to step onto the platform the door opens and Finnick runs in. I run into his arms and his kisses me. I kiss him back. When we pull away I feel tears slip down my face. He wipes them away.

"You can do this Annie!" He tells me.

"I love you Finnick!" I tell him.

"I love you too!" He tells me.

We kiss one more time and I step on the platform. A tube comes down and I'm pushed up into the arena.

I notice the arena is covered in snow. I look for Luke and see him about 4 platforms away. I look at him and he mouths "run".

I nod, then I hear the countdown.

60, 59, 58....

I get ready to sprint, grab the backpack, and take off away from the cornucopia.

10, 9, 8...

My heart starts pounding.

3, 2, 1

The gong sounds I take off sprinting towards the cornucopia. I get there, grab and the backpack.

I look for Luke and see him stabbing someone in the heart. I turn away.

"Annie run!" I hear him say.

He reaches me and takes my hand. He pulls me and I follow him wherever he goes.

After what seems like hours of running, we finally stop. Luke let's my hand go and look at what I got in the backpack.

A blanket, 4 bottles of water, 6 packs of crackers.

"What did you get?" Luke asks me.

"A blanket, 4 bottles of water, and 6 packs of crackers," I tell him.

"That's enough for the both of us!" I say.

A few hours later
It's been a few hours and the Capital symbol shows in the sky and the anthem plays.

I count how many faces are shown in the sky and I count 14 faces. That's over half on the first day!!

"Annie get some sleep I'll keep watch," Luke tells me and I pull my blanket out and put it over me and lay down. I fall asleep.