Loosing Sanity

I wake up to someone shaking me.

"Luke?" I say.

"Annie come on we gotta go. The careers killed more people last night and it's down to us and five other people plus the careers!" Luke tells me.

"But they haven't found us yet!" I tell him.

"I know but it's better if we keep moving," he tells me.

I get up, put my blanket back in my bag and me and Luke start walking to a different place.

I start shivering. It's freezing in this arena. Why couldn't the game makers make the arena like a jungle or a beach?

Me and Luke stop walking once we find a good place, or what we think is a good place, to stay.

A few days later
It's been a few days and nothing much has happened. Me and Luke haven't moved from our spot and no one has found us.

We've been keeping to ourselves.

I hear someone coming and Luke does to.

"Climb that tree. I'll be right behind you!" He tells me. I grab my pack and climb it. I stay in the tree being as quiet as I can.

Luke doesn't follow me and then I see two of the careers. The boy and girl from 2.

"Well I wasn't expecting to see you here! Where's your district partner at?" The girl says.

"She's not here!" Luke tells them.

"I guess we'll kill you then go after her!" The boy says.

The boy throws his spear and Luke dodges it.

The girl throws a knife hitting Luke in the thigh.

I start to scream but stop myself.

The boy walks up and pushes Luke down onto his knees.

The girl walks up; smirking. She's holding a dagger in her hands.

"Any last words?" The girl asks.

"I LOVE YOU, ANNIE!!" Luke screams.

The girl rolls her eyes and then cuts Luke's head off of his body. His body falls and his head rolls away from his body.

The two careers walk off laughing.

When they are gone, I climb down the tree and try to scream but nothing comes out. I walk over to Luke's head and fall to my knees with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I stroke his cheek.

I cry and cry and cry. Tears continue falling.

I feel paralyzed. I can't move all I can do is stare at the head in front of me.

When I finally stand up my legs get wobbly. I stumble into an area that looks safe and fall onto the ground. I cry more tears then I start laughing hysterically.

I don't know why I'm laughing but I just am.