First Day of Training

I feel someone lightly shaking me.

"Stop," I mumble.

"Annie you need to wake up," someone tells me.

I roll over to see Finnick. I smile and he smiles back.

"Why did you wake me up?" I ask then I remember that I'm going into the hunger games.

"Today you and Luke have training," he tells me.

At training
Me and Luke walk into the training floor and see everyone already training.

I can't do anything but swim and make nets.

I'm definitely not going to be in the career pack but Luke probably will.

"Hey Annie come over here I'll show you how to use trident," Luke tells me.

I follow over to where the tridents are and he looks like Finnick when he picks the trident up and starts using it. I can't help but stare at him.

Luke hands me a trident and shows me what to do and soon enough I'm almost as good as Finnick. I smile when we finish.

"Thank you," I tell Luke gratefully.

Me and Luke smile and laugh like little kids at school.

"Hey District 4!" We hear someone come up to us. I turn around and see that it's the tributes from districts 1 and 2.

Luke steps in front of me.

"What do y'all want?" Luke asks them.

The two boys pull Luke away and the girls stay with me.

The girl from 2 smirks.

"I don't think you'd be helpful but your partner sure would be. Right Izzy?" The girl from 2 says.

"Yep!" Izzy says.

I look down. The boys come back and I see Luke and he doesn't look happy.

"Look if y'all want me in y'all's alliance then Annie comes with me!" Luke says.

"Well then it looks like y'all will be dead with in the first few minutes of the games," the boy from 2 says.

Luke rolls his eyes.

The careers leave and I look at Luke.

"Why didn't you join them?" I ask.

"Because I'm not leaving you. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure you are the one that wins," Luke tells me.

"Luke you don't-" he cuts me off.

"Yes I do. You deserve to win," he tells me.

After training
After training me and Luke go back to the fourth floor and I go straight to my room and take a shower.

When I'm done with that I put on a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt.

I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yell.

Finnick walks in and shuts my door.

"Hey how was your first day of training?" He asks; sitting down on my bed.

"It was ok. Luke showed me how to use a trident..." I say trailing off.

"That's good but there's something else isn't there?" He asks.

"It's just the careers wanted Luke to join them but he didn't because they didn't want me. I don't want him risking hisself for me," I tell Finnick; honestly.

I walk over and sit down beside him and curl into his side.

Finnick rubs my side.

"Finnick I'm scared," I tell him.

"I know you are but you can win," he tells me and kisses the top of my head.