The Interviews

The Next Day
Tonight we have our interviews with Caeser. Then tomorrow is the start of the Hunger Games. My stylist is getting me ready. She puts me in a long, ocean blue dress that flows down to the floor. It has sparkles all over it and it's strapless. It has a sweetheart neckline. It also has an open back. She puts my hair in a loose, elegant bun to the side of my head and leaves a few pieces out in curls. She puts me in a pair of silver wedges. (Outfit above)

For my makeup she keeps it simple with silver/very light blue eyeshadow, pink lipstick, mascara, and blush.

When she shows me what I look like in a mirror, I can't help but love it. I look like a princess.

She walks me down to where we wait to go on stage. I see Luke talking to the careers. When he sees me his jaw drops. I walk over to him and smile.

"Annie you look amazing!" He says and blushes.

"Thanks Luke you look very handsome," I tell him.

He's wearing a black suit with a white shirt under the jacket and has a blue tie the same color as my dress.

The interviews go back rather quickly and soon enough I'm hearing my name being called. I take a deep breath to calm my nerves and walk out onto the stage.

I put a bright smile on my face and Caesar stands up to greet me. He kisses my hand and we sit down.

"Annie I must say you look very lovely tonight!" He says and the crowd cheer in agreement. I smile.

"Thank you Caesar! You don't look to bad yourself!" I tell him and he laughs.

"So Annie I have a few questions for you!" He says. I look for Finnick in the crowd. When I catch his beautiful blue eyes my nerves instantly calm down.

"Ok. I'd be delighted to answer your questions!" I tell him.

"Great so first off how was your life back in district 4?" He asks.

"It was nice. Being able to go outside and hear the ocean crash against the sand and just hearing the waves was amazing! I really do miss it!" I tell him.

"How are you liking the Capital?" He asks me.

"I'm enjoying it. Even though I do miss my home I'm enjoying being here with all of y'all!" I tell him; hoping I sound sincere because in reality I hate it here. I look Finnick and he nods his head saying I'm doing good.

"Finally we all want to know...are you in love with anyone?" He asks me.

"Yes I am," I tell him.

"Who?!," he asks prying into my life.

I smirk. I see the crowd lean forward in their chairs.

"Oh come on don't do that! I'll save it for when I come back as a victor!" I tell him

"We'll be waiting till then!" He says and the crowd goes crazy.

The buzzer goes off signaling my interview is over.

"Sadly that's all we have time for but I wish you luck in the games tomorrow, Annie!" Caesar says. He helps me stand and I walk off the stage.

I see Finnick standing there and I go straight to him.

He wraps his arms around my waist.

"You're so gorgeous," Finnick whispers in my ear. I blush.

"You're handsome," I tell him.

"I love you so much, Finn," I tell him.

"I love you too, Annie," he tells me.

We wait for Luke to get done with his interview.

When he finishes we all go back to our floor.

I go to my room and change into comfortable clothes. I take the make up off and let my hair out of the bun. I lay down in my bed and hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell.

Finnick walks in.

"Hey Finn," I say.

He sits on the edge of my bed.

"I just wanted to check on you before tomorrow," he tells me.

"Stay with me," I tell him.

"Ok," he says and lays down beside me on my bed and I cuddle up next to him.

He wraps his arms around me.

"I love you Annie," he tells me and that's all I hear before I'm asleep.