Getting Back Home

Once we are back on the fourth floor I go straight to my room. I change into a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt.

I just want to go home!

I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell.

Mags and Finnick walk in.

Mags walks over to me and holds my hand. She gives me a kiss on the cheek then stands up and walks out.

"Annie you excited to go back to district 4 tomorrow?" He says with a small smile on his face.

"Of course I am! I miss my mom and dad!" I tell him.

"That's great! I'll see you in the morning, Annie," he tells me; sadly. He places a kiss on my lips and I grab his arm.

"Where are you going? Finnick stay with me!" I tell him.

"Annie I can't tonight. I'm sorry," he tells me.

I know exactly where he is going but I don't want to believe it.

"I'll be back in the morning, Angel," he tells me.

He hasn't used that nickname in a long time.

It makes me want to cry.

He leaves and I lay on my bed and cry. I scream and scream.

After a while of this I get up and go into the dining room and go outside on the balcony.

I look at all the Capital citizens walking around enjoying their lives.

The Capital has always been something I hate. How can people enjoy sending children into an arena to kill each other?

Then I remember what President Snow told me. I mean of course he's going to see me again because of the victory tour in a few months.

A few hours later
The sun starts coming up and I realize I have sat here all night. I haven't slept at all out of fear of having nightmares.

I walk back inside and see Finnick and Mags are talking well Finnick is talking, and Mags is just listening.

Finnick looks upset about something and when he sees me he covers it up with a smile.

"You ready to get back home, Annie?" He asks me.

I nod my head.

Me, Finnick, and Mags walk out of the tribute living center.

We walk to the train and get on.

I don't look back because the Capital is the last thing I want to think about.

I sit on the couch. I get excited to see my parents again. I can't wait to go to the beach, feel the sand between my toes, and feel the salty water against my skin. I start giggling and smiling.

I feel someone sit beside me and I look up and see Finnick smiling at me.

I continue to giggle.

"Annie what are you giggling and laughing about?" He asks me with a smile on his face.

"I can't believe I'll get to see my parents again!!" I yell in excitement.

Finnick laughs.

"Well luckily that's where we are headed," he tells me.

Back in District 4
When we finally get back to district 4 I get so excited. I can't wait to see my parents.

Me, Finnick, and Mags stand at the door waiting for them to open.

When they finally do I step out and hear everyone cheering. I look for my parents but don't see them. The smile I had on my face disappeared.

Why aren't my parents here? Where are they?!

Finnick notices me not smiling and asks me what's wrong.

"My parents they aren't here," I tell him; getting worried.

Finnick whispers something to Mags and she nods.

Finnick grabs my hand.

We start walking.

We arrive at my old house and I open the door.