Elaine Attempts Kidnapping

Josie was daydreaming when a small hand touched her thigh, so she looked down. "Oh, hi there Jayjay. How are you?"

The little one shrugged and looked at Josie. "I'm okay..." They held their Hello Kitty plush close to their chest as they messed with their pigtails. "I got my hair did." They said.

Josie smiled and looked into Jaimie's eyes. "I guess you're feeling better then, right?"

Jaimie smiled and blushed slightly as they hugged Josie. "Yeah, I guess I am. No more cough." They said as they smiled and moved around a bit, slipping and falling. They cried as they had scraped their knee. Josie kneeled down and was careful to help them up and take them to the nurse who placed a Disney-themed bandaid over it.

Jaimie then looked at the bulge in Josie's shirt. "What's that?" They pointed, wondering why a tube was attached to her.

Josie blushed. "It's my tube which gives me my food and nutrients because my tummy is messed up." She tried to explain to the little.

Jaimie nodded. "Why's your tummy broken?" They asked. They were clueless about any of this. They weren't sure why. They switched back and forth to Jaimie and then sat down. "My tummy isn't broke."

Josie nodded. "Yeah, your tummy isn't broke." She poked at it and smiled at jaimie giggled.

— — —

Josie held the phone to her ear as she called Elaine. "Hey, could you bring a hello kitty coloring book for a kid I met here. Jaimie has been sad and I want to make them feel better and cheer them up."

Elaine eventually agreed and decided to go to the store to buy a coloring book for the poor little one. When she arrived at the store, she didn't know what to buy and what Josie's friend liked. So she went with her gut instinct and bought the coloring book and colored markers.

— — —

Elaine went to the front counter and spoke to the receptionist, asking about how and who Jaimie was until Josie was there in the visitation room. "Hey! I brought the book, how are you?" She asked josie.

"I'm more worried about Jaimie. They're getting discharged in about a week and they live in an abusive household. They're going into foster care unless some relative comes out of nowhere to adopt them... I wish I could do more." Josie said.

Josie turned as Jaimie came into the room. "Hi. Can you be my new mom?" They asked, wanting to get out of this place now.

Elaine blushed, thinking about it for a moment. She thought maybe this was going to be bad, but at the same time, a good thing to happen. "Oh... maybe. Let's see what I can get set up." She watched as both of them said their goodbyes and went back to the tables to help Jaimie color.

Elaine knew she had to do this. It was the only way to make Jaimie feel safe. She couldn't handle watching the kid suffer like that.

As Elaine left the hospital, she made some calls.

— — —

Elaine agreed she would finally become a foster parent again. She knew this child needed a home and she loved how Josie was so close to them. Elaine smiled as she looked at the kids playing together. She loved how Jaimie was smiling as Josie colored with them.

Elaine sat down with them, looking at their hair. "It's really pretty you know?" She said as she ran a hand through the hair, careful not to hurt them. "If you want me to be your mom, I will do it."

Jaimie smiled. "I wish you were my mom." They said as they hugged Elaine.

Elaine gasped in surprise. "Then I will do it for you! I will get you into a new home gorgeous."

Saige was screaming at her mom, wanting her to leave and never come back. She was one of her violent alters and she got physically abusive towards their mom. "How can you not believe a disorder I'm diagnosed with?! I'm not fucking faking. Stop accusing me. You need to get your facts straight."

"You really need to stop pretending." Their mom said.

Saige began to get very violent. "You lying mother fucker. You can't even listen to your own child when they're crying for help. You're nothing but a useless human being on earth. Why don't you just fucking leave."

The mom was taken aback and panicked from the situation. Two of the security members rolled saige up and got them into an isolation room.

Jaimie ran to Josie and held onto her arm. "I'm scared." They said to Josie.

Josie was gentle and began to help calm them down by petting their head. "It's okay. He's not going to hurt you." She told them. "You'll be okay."

— — —

Elaine was driving home when she received a text from an unknown number. She gulped. 'Hey, you remember me, don't you?' The message said. She glanced at the area code. "Shit!" She said as she pulled over to the side of the road and blocked his ass.

She felt her anxiety rising as she laid her head against the wheel and tried to breathe. "Fuck." She said as she rolled the window down.

Elaine choked up and tossed her phone across the car. She opened the door and started vomiting on the snow. She heard the other cars passing by but paid no attention to it.

She slowly collected herself and chewed on a piece of gum, closing the door and heading to the foster child office. She knew what needed to be done. She couldn't let that child suffer.

The second she pulled into the parking lot, she turned the car off and got out. She locked the door and went inside. "Hi, I'd like to foster a child." She said to the receptionist.

"What's the name?" The man asked.

"Elaine Brown. Oh wait, you meant Jaimie. I'm not sure of her last name, but I'd like to foster her."

The man handed her a stack of paperwork. "I'll need to scan a photo of your license." She handed him her driver's license and began to fill out the numerous amount of documents and paperwork needed to foster Jaimie.

It took her about an hour to finish the paperwork before handing it to the man. "I'll give you a call in the morning to pick up Jaimie's birth certificate and social security card."

Elaine nodded and finally felt a weight lifted off her shoulders. Jaimie was going to be safe at last.