Untitled Part 39

Veronica was lying in bed when a knock was heard from the door. She struggled to get up due to her pregnancy. She placed a hand on her stomach. "Yes?" She called out.

"Are you doing okay?" It was Josie. She was interested in her appearance and wanted to meet her and learn about her interests and hobbies.

Veronica sighed. "Yeah, of course. You can come in."

Josie took a deep breath. Okay, go. We need to get to know her. Josie agreed and opened the door of the guest room. "How are you settling?" She asked.

Veronica smiled awkwardly. "I guess I'm doing pretty well." She said as she slouched. She was tired.

"Well you're pregnant," Josie mumbled.

"Yes, I'm pregnant. I'm not nauseous anymore and I'm always hungry, but I don't eat much, I guess." She murmured the last part quietly.

Veronica barely understood what she was talking about. She was a bit foggy. She was hungover and she definitely knew it. She was feeling cold and hot at the same time. She suddenly vomited I'm her hand. She turned away and rushed to the trash can.

She vomited up bile and the whiskey. She was standing there trying to clean her hands off with hand sanitizer. She was freaking out.

Josie stood there shocked and follow her to the trash can. "You okay?" She asked, rubbing her shoulder.

"Yeah, just the migraine I've had for days. It makes me ill." Veronica was so tall. Josie was way shorter than her.

V stood there and finished up. Josie handed her some tissues. Veronica smiled. "That's okay. Thanks." She just said with a soft sigh. "I'll be okay." She said as she stood back up. "It's normal." She murmured before sitting back down on her bed.

Josie looked at her. "What happened with you and Elaine?" She asked.

Veronica just looked at her and sighed. "It's a really long story." She paused for a moment. "It started out with her being my mom actually.

— — —

Josie was setting hup her feeds when Veronica walked in. She smiled at her. She pours the formula in the bag and began to stir it a bit before closing the bag and priming the tubing, connecting it to the pump and watching as she put the tube into the GJ tube.

"Is that how it works? How come you need it?" Veronica asked. She fiddled with her hair before looking at the tube.

"I have to have it due to nutrition." She said quietly. She was exhausted. "My stomach doesn't really work and causes a lot of pain but I'll be fine." She said as she tried to reassure her.

Veronica smiled. "Glad it's helping you. I have GERD but it's not horrible. Just sometimes. Not all the time." She said as she looked at Josie.

Josie looked at her; "Nice. I'm glad it's not too bad. You're valid either way." She said as she looked down, glancing at the floral pattern of her jeans. (Veronica)

Veronica smiled. "I hope you're going to be okay." She said as she tried to calm her anxiety. "I'm going to get some coffee. Do you want to come with me?" She asked.

Josie nodded. "Yeah, sure." She put her the pump and bag into her backpack and carried it with her. She went with Veronica to the kitchen.

"You know, I used to be a major artist when I was younger, but after getting pregnant, I can't do much without getting really exhausted. It's just hard." Veronica said.

"I know, V. Life is really hard." She said as she glanced at the scars on Veronicas arm she knew she wasn't alone. Josie glanced at her as she made coffee.

Veronica watched the coffee warming up and put some creamer, sugar, and some soy milk in it. It tasted really good to her. She brought the cup to her lips and began drinking some of it. "Yum. That's perfect. I'll have to help buy groceries."

Josie huffed."I wish I could have coffee. It doesn't settle with my stomach well at all." She said as she looked down. She hooked the tubing to her bag. "I have water I put in with pedialyte. Sort of half and half, that's what I drink." She said quietly. Veronica was intrigued, interested to hear Josie's journey.

Josie glanced at the floor still. "I have a stomach condition that makes it to where I can't really keep any food down." She coughed slightly. "I cough a lot due to the pain and gag reflex. Plus the reflux up my throat is bad."

Veronica empathized. "That sounds awful. I hope you're okay." She said as she patted Josie's shoulder. "Most of my stomach pain is from the baby and reflux. I do throw up from the pregnancy sometimes. I crave bananas all the time and chocolate chip ice cream."

Josie smiled. "I used to love ice cream, but it causes a lot of problems. I currently handle lots of applesauce and bananas." She said as she was grateful to have a bit of a working stomach. Josie wondered what happened to Veronica and why her PTSD was so bad.

Josie looked at her. "Can I feel it?" She asked as she got up and went to Veronica. "I love babies."

Ver nodded and smiled as she watched Josie put her hand where the baby was kicking. She didn't know if it was a boy or girl and she didn't want to know yet. It was a secret. She slowly moved her hand on top of Josie's. "The baby is really smart. It knows when to sleep and when to kick." She chuckled.

Josie smiled and moved her hand, glancing at Veronica, smiling at her and then moving away. "I have to get ready, but we should definitely talk more. I really like talking to you." She said with a grin.