Chapter 12- The Truth

Walking home was strange, yesterday I believed that my home was fulled with love and trust and honesty.
But each step I took on my way there all I felt was betrayal and lies, and my house was now full of them.
I don't think walking in that front door would ever feel the same again.

I'm two feet away from the front door, contemplating opening it because if I do then everything is going to change and I'm not really a fan of change.

It takes all the strength in me to put the key through the keyhole, the door opens easily and I was right just one step in the door and it doesn't feel right.

I walk into the kitchen and there she is sitting in the chair the last time I saw her it's like she didn't even move an inch.

She looks up at the sound of my footsteps on the hardwood floor her eyes fulled with concern.

"I'm guessing Marcus told you" she says as I stand there with my hands in my coat pockets just wishing this wasn't real, but it was.

"He did he told me everything" I say with a tremble in my tone.

"I was just protecting you she left and your dad didn't know what to do your dad and I were friends and I stepped up and helped him raise you but over time I started falling for him, So no I'm not your biological mother but don't think for a second that I don't see you as my actual daughter.

She says with tears in her eyes. I feel so bad for questioning her like that I feel tears coming to my eyes.

"You're my daughter" she says again.

"Did she ever try to contact me my biological mother has she ever reached out over the years?"

The look on her face tells it all with her sad eyes.

"No she hasn't we thought she would your farther and I but she never did" she says finally

"Is it true what Marcus said that I'm half vampire and half human?" I ask wanting answers I need the truth and it looks like it's all coming out now.

She nods her head "yes you're but that doesn't change who you're as a person you're still Taylor Ever nothing has to change"

"But what does that mean being a half vampire? do I have powers like you Marcus and dad?" I ask wondering what the hell I am.

"It's kind of more complicated than that as a half vampire you have unique gifts that not even us vampires have" she says

"But what gifts what can I do that you guys can't?"

"Well first of all you can die because of your human side you will grow old like any other human but us full vampires are cursed with eternity, but also you can bring back the dead."

"What!" I say not believing the words she spoken.

"I can bring back the dead how? that is impossible"

"I don't know I think it's something to do with the balance of nature you weren't supposed to be born a vampire can't procreate with a human it's unthinkable but your dad fell in love with your mother and there was nothing that would keep them apart." she says as a tear fell down her cheek so she really cares for him.

"So me being born with this gift of resurrection is supposed to balance the scales of nature because my dad and my biological mum did the unthinkable?" even as the words leave my lips it's still hard to believe them, resurrection it can't be real?

"Yes exactly you were conceived by both death and life so this is the consequence for what they did."

I sit down on the chair trying to understand what's happening.

"So why are other vampires after dad and me?"

"Those vampires belong to a powerful vampire countess called Caroline but she isn't as powerful as your father that's why she is after him she wants full control over the vampire world, we can't let that happen because she will kill us all if she has that much power"

Those words sent shivers down my spine 'kill us all' why would a vampire want to kill other vampires? there's more to this story that I'm obviously going to have to find out my self....

That's chapter 12 I hope you liked it don't forget to comment and vote if you did thanks for reading xoxo