Jesus has the power to forgive sins

Day two

Mar 2 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁹ Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Arise, take up your bed and walk'?
¹⁰ But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"--He said to the paralytic,

Jesus has all the authority to forgive the sins of man. He has the capacity to forgive sins. He has the jurisdiction to forgive sin.

"for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.""
— Luk 19:10 (NKJV)

How does Jesus save us? By forgiving us of all sins we ever committed. If He has the power and all the authority to pardon us, it should make us confess and repentance from our sins.

"He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy."
— Prov 28:13 (NKJV)

The natural instinct of humans is to hide and run away. The first time sin was ever addressed, it was addressed to people that had run away and hidden from God.
The Scripture above says, "He who covers his sins will not prosper."

Running and hiding only makes us appear guilty. If Jesus has the power to forgive sins, we should run to Him instead. The bible says, "for the son of man has come to seek and to save that which is lost." Jesus' purpose amongst other things is delivering us from our sin. But when we hide and run, we only die in our sins.

"When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.""
— Mar 2:17 (NKJV)

Jesus came to call sinners to repentance. That's why He has authority. His authority gives Him the reason to forgive and save all who are lost. I thank God that Jesus saved me. My relationship with Him makes me depend on Him in more ways than I ever have. I know exactly where I'd be without Him. 

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"
— Rom 3:23 (NKJV)

We have all sinned. That's why we need Jesus. And the good news is Jesus has power to forgive our sins.

Prayer 

 Father we thank you. We submit our sins to you today. Our guilt. Our shame. We submit everything that cripples us. We thank you for salvation. We yield to you today. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.