Love the Lord

Day 12

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’  This is the first commandment.  And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Mark 12:30‭-‬31 NKJV

The biggest commandment one should follow according to our master Jesus is to love the Lord.
We should love the Lord with our entire being and love our neighbors.
When we don't know how to do something, it can take some time before we learn how to do the right thing. I realize that it is not as easy as to love.

I think thats why Jesus calls it the highest commandment, when we learn to love the Lord with our hearts.
It takes the sweet influence of the Holy Spirit to influence us to love.
Jesus knows how to love. And He teaches us how to love. Seeing that we have a teacher, we can learn to love the Lord.

Loving the Lord has to be done in the way that Jesus Christ did it. The best way to love the Lord is to follow the example of Jesus.

Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
Ephesians 5:1‭-‬2 NKJV

The bible encourages us to be imitators of God. And why should we imitate God?  Because He is love.
The bible says, "Walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself to us."

We cannot give ourselves to Christ without learning to love Him. Anything done without love doesn't make us imitators of God.
Whatever we do, let's always remember to walk in love. And I love the way the Bible puts it: "Walk in love."

If we are going to walk, there should be a path to walk on. That's why we have Jesus. He shows us how to love.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 NKJV

One of my favorite Scriptures is Romans 5:8. God didn't wait for us to become better, but in the very moment of sin and rebellion, He sent His love to die for us. Why? Because He loves us.
God loves sacrificially. He loves generously. He loves selflessly. He loves now and loves always.

Our ability to love other people and to accept people as they are shows maturity in God. Maturity in God is learning to walk in the love of Christ.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
John 15:13 NKJV

The greatest kind of love is a love that dies for others. Jesus chose to die for us. Whatever kind of life we might be receiving from other people will never be better than the love that Christ has for us.
If we purpose in our hearts to learn to love, God can teach us how to love. He can heal our inability to love other people.

Maturity in God is learning to walk in love as Christ walks in love.

Prayer

In the name of Jesus, Heavenly Father we thank you. We bless your name. We magnify you. We glorify your excellent name. Father may you teach us how to love. May you teach us how to respond to your love. Thank you for loving us as we are. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen